Anyone have Headphile Vixens with Grado SR325is drivers

sbelyo

I heard a set of headefiled HF2s once.  They sounded good.  I thought the stock HF2s sounded good as well.  What was the difference?  I don't know, I heard them months apart from one another, but I'm pretty sure the sonic difference was not huge if it was there at all.

It wouldn't be where I'd spend my money, but whatever floats your boat...

He is certainly a bit rough in his way of business with others that I have read.  But I can say that he has never given me any problems.  I own one pair of Darth Beyers and have owned K340's done by him.  I was always satified with the work and the sound siganture was exactly what I was looking for. 

Really I was just looking to have the comfort of the Beyers with the sound of Grados

credit card reward points have value, sr325s don't

Also, "based on other reviews" meaning, not based on your own listening?

My experience with Larry's creations is they're satisfying in the short term, and when you're ready to sell them, you take a bath, but that experience is going on 10 years old.

I think that the man offered a legitimate service for those who wanted a headphone that was set apart from others via wooden mods, although some of his claims on the resulting sound signatures were vastly overstated. I also think that some of his creations sounded pretty good. I can attest that his minor modding of the K340 did indeed improve the sound, though not in a huge way. He also gave people a stand with which to display their cherished phones. I also enjoyed some of our early messages back and forth. Sharing woodworking stories and such.

On the flip side...the Darth Beyers were a head mounted whoopie cushion IMO. They sounded like flatulence with a headband. Worst fucking things I ever heard. I couldn't and still can't understand why so many raved about them. That coupled with Larry's opinion that no one else had the right to build a wooden headphone stand, or modify a headphone with wood involved, left a sour taste in my mouth. I mean it was actually as if the guy personally invented and patented wood. 

I had problems with Larry the wood Nazi.

P.S.

Like Ben, I too was surprised he was still in business.

credit card reward points have value, sr325s don't

Also, "based on other reviews" meaning, not based on your own listening?

My experience with Larry's creations is they're satisfying in the short term, and when you're ready to sell them, you take a bath, but that experience is going on 10 years old.

Well, I could add 200 and get RS2is

I don't have any way of hearing them before I buy em but I like my 225is so reading reviews is all I got for now

I did take eat quite a bit when selling my headphiled K340 but I sent them to him to improve the sound and he did do that.  They just weren't for me.

On the flip That coupled with Larry's opinion that no one else had the right to build a wooden headphone stand, or modify a headphone with wood involved, left a sour taste in my mouth. I mean it was actually as if the guy personally invented and patented wood. 

I had problems with Larry the wood Nazi.

I do get the sense this is how he feels sometimes.  I try to ignore things like this as long as I get what I'm after

225s are WORLDS better than 325s.  I think my favorite non-limited grado at this point is the RS2.  

I liked some of what larry did for me early on.  The darth beyers I had originally were better than the dt770s were when I sent them to him,  but I also didn't miss them when I sold them.  The PS3000s (PS1 drivers in CD3000 shells with wood cups) sounded great to me at the time.  I took a beating when I sold them.

His mod to put zebra cups on my HF1s sounded great.

No chance I'd give him money for anything based on DT770s.  Especially with boobies on them.

I've had many straight guys question my homosexuality, based on my boyfriends being prettier than their girlfriends.

Honestly, I've never fully understood it either. Any hint of a muscular build had me turning my nose up.