Big mac with quartet pounder patties

sbelyo

In UAE there was a restaurant with the slogan "Home of the Whooper" and whose speciality sandwich was the "Big Mag." I recommend that place. If you have difficulty finding, it's near a pizza place where all pizzas taste like marshmallows.

I have not been a McDonald's fan since I was a child, and really not so much back then.

I was there within the last 6 months or so, and I was shocked at the prices! You could eat at a decent diner or similar for what it cost to eat at the golden arches now.

Why would someone spend $8.00 on McJunk? No offense meant to those who like their food, but I just don't get it.

I have not been a McDonald's fan since I was a child, and really not so much back then.

I was there within the last 6 months or so, and I was shocked at the prices! You could eat at a decent diner or similar for what it cost to eat at the golden arches now.

Why would someone spend $8.00 on McJunk? No offense meant to those who like their food, but I just don't get it.

That's a good point. It could be argued you can still order a couple things off the dollar menu and keep it cheap, but once you are hitting the $8-9 mark I'd rather just get some pad thai or a curry or something.

I gave up eating fast food on the reg years ago. Still grab the occasional greasy bag when I'm on the road.

Hate to say, but especially when on the road McD is still a stop. Probably not surprising it's mostly about speed and when no other better options are around, but I will say you can still get a double cheeseburgerish (McDouble) for $1 in most towns. As all drink sizes are also a buck, you can basically get two double cheeseburgerishes and a large Coke for near the price of just a soda at the last deli I went to. Course quality, calories, etc. are a separate discussion. Although you can escalate the price (post-McCafe original intro), it's still easy to keep things cheap. Not sure how price plays a part in all this, but just realized my Five Guys normal order ends up usually being near twice the price of my In 'n Out normal order, which is twice the price of my normal McDonalds order, which is about twice the price of a soda from a convenience store.