kgst

kevin gilmore

Plenty of 100nf/1000V caps to be found.  This one should work just fine:

http://www2.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Kemet/PHE426PB6100JR06/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv1cc3ydrPrF85GIl804cbNm959%252bOSJvME%3d

Cheap too. 

Thanks, I tried every search I could think of and didn't find it. Mouser is like a big haystack sometimes and all those parts little needles :)

Hey does anybody have a source for the .1uF/1000VDC film caps in the KGST power supply? The lead spacing is approximately 18.3mm and Mouser/Digikey seems to stock only 22mm leads

I thought these would fit? http://uk.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=MKS4O131005D00KSSDvirtualkey50520000virtualkey505-MKS4O131005DKSSD My boards will take 15mm or 22.5mm caps. The only issue I can see is that it puts the cap closer to the tube so they'll get hotter. (Max operating temp is 100°C)

Also, is there a problem with the 630v caps here if you're running at 350v?

FYI, I'm also at the "gathering parts" and "designing the chassis" stage.

Thanks.  I hoped it would turn out looking good.  Of course anyone can use that design.  We post here to share ideas.  The circular cooling holes over the tubes I have seen on several amps, Stax included.

I meant in the sense of do you have vendors and design files? If we could call somebody up and get a clone of your design that would be ideal. 

Can’t be much help there I’m afraid.  I have established a working relationship with several local firms.  They are directly involved in making parts for industry. 

My orders are something of a distraction for them. I did ask them if they wanted me to publish their names and they do not, as they are not geared to dealing with private individuals especially overseas.

Can’t be much help there I’m afraid.  I have established a working relationship with several local firms.  They are directly involved in making parts for industry. 

My orders are something of a distraction for them. I did ask them if they wanted me to publish their names and they do not, as they are not geared to dealing with private individuals especially overseas.

Thanks, that was my guess, no problem.

Hi All,

I am new to stax and this is my first post here, have been trying to catch up reading passively past few weeks.

I am not confident with HV so I've got Geoff's help and now I have his wonderfully build KGST No 05 pairing with a AN kit Dac41 and 009. After running in for 30+ hrs and rolling some IC and power cable it's my best headphone rig now. Many thanks to KG, spritzer, Geoff Nd others that make my day.

Hope to learn from this forum and be able to one day make my own amp soon.

Cheers

Ck

• Like 1

Got a link to that switch geoff? I dig the purple

yes as previously mentioned in p625 I made it incorporating a standard pushbutton.

Those spiders hooked to the heatsinks look awesome. 600 v cable wrapped on electric tape?

Great idea.

No electrical tape was used in the construction of the amplifier.  No spiders were harmed either.