Klipsch Heresy III

postjack

Whats the deal with this speaker? Anyone heard one?

One of my common complaints about modern audiophile speakers is their inability to rock, and one thing to blame this on is very few speaker manufacturers produce speakers with large woofers anymore. We're lucky to find even 6.5" woofers, most seem to top out at 5.25". The Klipsch Heresy III has a big ass 12" woofer, and reviews of this model, which is still in production and "reasonably" priced at about $1600/pair, are generally pretty good. They rock out well, meaning nice midbass thump, at the expense of refinement and resolution.

Just curious if any headcasers have any personal experience with these speakers.

I had a pair and upgraded the horns and still found them fun but ultimately something that I could not live with long term. Great diversion but not a long term keeper in my opinion. Also not a ton of thump even with the 12 inch woofer. I had an older pair though

Thanks nums. I'm pretty happy with my PSB bookshelves + svs sub for my rock/HT rig, but am always curious about these older designs that have been around forever.

Also waiting here getting my AC fixed and was bored, so I started this thread.

I've heard the older heresys and agree with Jp. They actually are kind of bright sounding to my ears. I found you need to go as big as the cornwalls to get the bass you are looking for. The modern Cornwall 3's are definitely rockers but are huge.

My friend here in town actually has a pair of Cornwalls he is trying to sell. They do sound awesome.

I already have one big ass pair of speakers, I don't think Melody would want me to bring in another big ass pair. :)

Whats the deal with this speaker? Anyone heard one?

One of my common complaints about modern audiophile speakers is their inability to rock, and one thing to blame this on is very few speaker manufacturers produce speakers with large woofers anymore. We're lucky to find even 6.5" woofers, most seem to top out at 5.25". The Klipsch Heresy III has a big ass 12" woofer, and reviews of this model, which is still in production and "reasonably" priced at about $1600/pair, are generally pretty good. They rock out well, meaning nice midbass thump, at the expense of refinement and resolution.

Just curious if any headcasers have any personal experience with these speakers.

Jack have you heard them or is "They rock out well, meaning nice midbass thump, at the expense of refinement and resolution" from a reviewer?

IMO I would have a hard time with Klipsch weird frequency deviations after having ESL63 so long.

Jack have you heard them or is "They rock out well, meaning nice midbass thump, at the expense of refinement and resolution" from a reviewer?

IMO I would have a hard time with Klipsch weird frequency deviations after having ESL63 so long.

I have not heard them, that is purely taken from reviews.

The key is to get a full set of the sooper expansive (your soundstage will thank you) Still Points. Ya know the ones that cost as much as a Nissan.

Will these Nissan still points you speak of fundamentally change the sound signature of the speakers?

I prefer to start with a transducer I despise and tweak it until it is acceptable.

• Like 2