Jump to content
VPI

Head Case Motorsports

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, HeadphoneAddict said:

The problem with a new black car is that it goes from shiny to matt camo overnight when it snows or rains...  

Much like the people who like to jay walk while wearing black hoodies.  I almost hit one last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went from black to silver for the new(er) car and that decision proved wise within 48 hours. Fuckin midwest weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a guy that can hook me up with a professional body vinyl wrap (done right for $2,500 vs $4K) and am seriously considering this.  Anyone here do this before and what were your impressions of the longevity and ease of wiping off the dirt/hiding the dirt?  

I'd be without the car for a few days so they can take the emblems, lights, bumpers, etc off to get the wrap done right.  And there are better things to spend the money on of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HeadphoneAddict said:

I know a guy that can hook me up with a professional body vinyl wrap (done right for $2,500 vs $4K) and am seriously considering this.  Anyone here do this before and what were your impressions of the longevity and ease of wiping off the dirt/hiding the dirt?  

I'd be without the car for a few days so they can take the emblems, lights, bumpers, etc off to get the wrap done right.  And there are better things to spend the money on of course.

Why not spend much, much less and get a good Plasti-Dip. You could even change up the color 10 times if you did it on the cheap, or a good 4+ times for $$$ shops, and still have some something. They even have pearlizer add-ins and whatnot if you didn't want to go just matte.

Some options: https://www.dipyourcar.com/

**BRENT**

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EdipisReks1 said:

I'd much rather have a wrap than dip.

Most would, but again, consider the $$$ tradeoff. It's 5-10x the cost. 100,000$ car? Sure. When it's 8% of the value of the car vs 1%? Something to think about, at least.

**BRENT**

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MexicanDragon said:

Why not spend much, much less and get a good Plasti-Dip. You could even change up the color 10 times if you did it on the cheap, or a good 4+ times for $$$ shops, and still have some something. They even have pearlizer add-ins and whatnot if you didn't want to go just matte.

Some options: https://www.dipyourcar.com/

**BRENT**

You may have just inadvertently found a resolution to your ethnic identity issues. I would opt out of the pearlizer however.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No ride here yet. Got a final price today to decide if it is worth it to me to get it now. By far the most I've ever spent on a car. Almost twice the cost of the ST (though it does include winters in that)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I decided to take a pass on the vinyl wrap and gift the money to our younger daughter when she graduates from college this May. They both prefer the WRX in black anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've decided that adjustable rear dampers and full on (dot legal) race rubber for autocross next season is a much cheaper and pretty much the same level of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell you doing in that part of town, Larry?  Did you move up north?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HeadphoneAddict said:

My wife and I decided to take a pass on the vinyl wrap and gift the money to our younger daughter when she graduates from college this May. They both prefer the WRX in black anyways. 

Larry, I have a buddy who just did a full clear bra on his new 2017 Civic Sport hatch. Could be a good in-between option. (I agree that the black is great on that car.)

39 minutes ago, Dreadhead said:

I've decided that adjustable rear dampers and full on (dot legal) race rubber for autocross next season is a much cheaper and pretty much the same level of fun.

But you're not going to autocross, so it won't be the same level of fun (unless I go beat you.)

**BRENT**

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm not going to track it or autocross why should I upgrade? The ST gets over the speed limit very quickly just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dreadhead said:

If I'm not going to track it or autocross why should I upgrade? The ST gets over the speed limit very quickly just fine.

Because it is better.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't compare a classic car like Colin's with a race car like the RS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dreadhead said:

It's a M3. It's not a classic car.

I guess it's a collectable car for a reason I do not understand.

 

An M3*. There are many things you don't understand.

**BRENT**

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dreadhead said:

It's a M3. It's not a classic car.

I guess it's a collectable car for a reason I do not understand.

 

The E46 is the perfect sports sedan.  The perfect size, more than enough power, great feel, timeless looks.  That's a car I'd want a stick in, though, for sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2017 at 6:45 AM, Sherwood said:

Hell you doing in that part of town, Larry?  Did you move up north?

This town is only about 20 miles from one end to the other, so I can cover it round trip in under an hour.

On 1/21/2017 at 7:25 AM, MexicanDragon said:

Larry, I have a buddy who just did a full clear bra on his new 2017 Civic Sport hatch. Could be a good in-between option. (I agree that the black is great on that car.)

**BRENT**

I have a clear bra to prevent rock chips.  The vinyl wrap idea was to pick a color that hides the dirt better, and to allow me to wipe the car down more easily with even just a moist towel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×