Head Case Motorsports

VPI

I know a guy that can hook me up with a professional body vinyl wrap (done right for $2,500 vs $4K) and am seriously considering this.  Anyone here do this before and what were your impressions of the longevity and ease of wiping off the dirt/hiding the dirt?  

I'd be without the car for a few days so they can take the emblems, lights, bumpers, etc off to get the wrap done right.  And there are better things to spend the money on of course.

2 minutes ago, HeadphoneAddict said:

I know a guy that can hook me up with a professional body vinyl wrap (done right for $2,500 vs $4K) and am seriously considering this.  Anyone here do this before and what were your impressions of the longevity and ease of wiping off the dirt/hiding the dirt?  

I'd be without the car for a few days so they can take the emblems, lights, bumpers, etc off to get the wrap done right.  And there are better things to spend the money on of course.

Why not spend much, much less and get a good Plasti-Dip. You could even change up the color 10 times if you did it on the cheap, or a good 4+ times for $$$ shops, and still have some something. They even have pearlizer add-ins and whatnot if you didn't want to go just matte.

Some options: https://www.dipyourcar.com/

**BRENT**

38 minutes ago, MexicanDragon said:

Why not spend much, much less and get a good Plasti-Dip. You could even change up the color 10 times if you did it on the cheap, or a good 4+ times for $$$ shops, and still have some something. They even have pearlizer add-ins and whatnot if you didn't want to go just matte.

Some options: https://www.dipyourcar.com/

**BRENT**

You may have just inadvertently found a resolution to your ethnic identity issues. I would opt out of the pearlizer however.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HeadphoneAddict said:

My wife and I decided to take a pass on the vinyl wrap and gift the money to our younger daughter when she graduates from college this May. They both prefer the WRX in black anyways. 

Larry, I have a buddy who just did a full clear bra on his new 2017 Civic Sport hatch. Could be a good in-between option. (I agree that the black is great on that car.)

39 minutes ago, Dreadhead said:

I've decided that adjustable rear dampers and full on (dot legal) race rubber for autocross next season is a much cheaper and pretty much the same level of fun.

But you're not going to autocross, so it won't be the same level of fun (unless I go beat you.)

**BRENT**

On 1/21/2017 at 6:45 AM, Sherwood said:

Hell you doing in that part of town, Larry?  Did you move up north?

This town is only about 20 miles from one end to the other, so I can cover it round trip in under an hour.

On 1/21/2017 at 7:25 AM, MexicanDragon said:

Larry, I have a buddy who just did a full clear bra on his new 2017 Civic Sport hatch. Could be a good in-between option. (I agree that the black is great on that car.)

**BRENT**

I have a clear bra to prevent rock chips.  The vinyl wrap idea was to pick a color that hides the dirt better, and to allow me to wipe the car down more easily with even just a moist towel.

• Like 1