$10K, what should I get?

earwicker7

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to the admin staff, don't ever, ever grant high-roller status to this individual. Poor guy's going to have a enough to live with when he realizes he payed $2000 for casework.

Cases are expensive but they make or break a product. Most expensive cases I have had were for the Aristaeus which cost me $900 for the set, more if I had to pay someone to do the drawings.

Note to the admin staff, don't ever, ever grant high-roller status to this individual. Poor guy's going to have a enough to live with when he realizes he payed $2000 for casework.

Would this be a good time to point him towards KG's and Roam's comments regarding the Raptor?

RSA B-52? As tkam said, it's two Raptors in series. I've heard the Raptor and it's definitely not an amplifier I would consider buying. And from a technical standpoint (as opposed subjective sonic standpoint), most in the know would say it's a downgrade from your current HeadRoom amp.

No disputing that Justin, but in some cases I think manufacturers invest too much in case design and end up unnecessarily inflating the cost of a product. That's just my opinion.

I personally think it's worth it. But that might be just me. :dance:

The Raptor has had many recalls/changes within the last few years of it's release as had the Hornet.

Raptor:

issue w/ chassis hum

issue driving low impedance headphones

power supply heat issue... ($50 partial or $200 full)

(might be more don't know)

Hornet:

issue w/ the original jacks (too loose)

different cap

even the replacement jacks are loose and some (as I have had) killed the cap as a result of the loose connection with the "new" jacks

then the "M" modification.... ($15)

Eh, everyone's a critic ;)

True, but you will find that everyone here is a harsh critic of Ray Samuels amps for a variety of reasons. I myself have never heard an RS amp. But going off what I've heard, I don't plan on owning one. Maybe I'll hear one at a meet one day and it'll blow my mind or something, but I don't think so.

I've not seen Tyrion beating the RS drum as of recent.

last I saw he was loving the woo. but i love the "wu"!

"hey yo my rap styles swing like willie mays, my eyes purple haze, my solar razor burn through shades, my grenades raid the air waves cast this rap page, i glide like hovercrafts on the everglades"

are you kidding me, how hot is that?! the rebel INS drops knowledge god. ;D

Oh, come on, there's no reason to get personal :(

Can't we all just get along ;D

Ok, somebody clue me in here...

Is there some kind of feud going on here with RSA? I'm not saying you guys don't know what you're talking about, you're all way above me in the knowledge department. But outside of this site, I can't find one negative thing said about that company. Here, I haven't found one positive thing. I'm not taking sides until I've heard it, it just seems kind of bizarre.

Ok, somebody clue me in here...

Is there some kind of feud going on here with RSA? I'm not saying you guys don't know what you're talking about, you're all way above me in the knowledge department. But outside of this site, I can't find one negative thing said about that company. Here, I haven't found one positive thing. I'm not taking sides until I've heard it, it just seems kind of bizarre.

basically, people here know what the fuck they are talking about.

Here's the thing that's got me befuddled. I didn't just do a google search at random for this amp. This was recommended to me by the guy from Great Northern Sound. Everyone here RAVES about those guys, says they make a bad-ass source, really know their shit, etc. If this is the case, why would this guy point me in this direction when I asked about an amp if it's such a piece of crap?