The Never Ending Search for a Music Server

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rolling with Tidal Hifi on the Macbook today fed thru the Ayre.  Sounds pretty great. A stable setup will start being assembled today and hopefully get this party started right.

OK I have to change my mind on Roon. I spent the morning reinstalling my Roon Core and now it all works flawlessly. Since both Roon as well as my infrastructure has changed significantly since the las

Thanks for posting that, I'm all over $4  to get me thru July.

Posted Images

OK I have to change my mind on Roon. I spent the morning reinstalling my Roon Core and now it all works flawlessly. Since both Roon as well as my infrastructure has changed significantly since the last time I used it I do not know what caused this improvement, but I am happy. Seamless integration of my collection as well as Tidal and Qobuz and easy switching of where I want it to play. I now see its popularity.

• Like 5

The ease of use is great indeed, Jim!  I have a core setup on NUC's in my home and in my Maine condo.  It's easy to switch the license back and forth, so I can enjoy that anywhere.

I have 5 end-points at home, and (when set back up, if I can ever get there) 2 in Maine.

Only use TIDAL and local libraries for now, may give Qobuz a try, and if Roon integrates with the Amazon service, we'll see about that.....

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...
43 minutes ago, Pars said:

That should work fine for the RA Opus 21. I have tried the free version of Volumio and it works pretty well. I assume you are not going to use Roon because then I would suggest Roopieee with a USB to SPDIF converter. 

I do feel like I need to take a shower after going to that site and reading that article :dinny:

• Haha 3