Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

well I need to do math and they dont allow calculators, so I need to bring in paper and pencil IF they dont have those stupid ass whiteboards + markers/erasers

I don't know if things have changed, but back when I took it you weren't allowed to bring in paper or pencils. You might have devious cheating codes inscribed on said tools. The test folks supply everything, but only give you three sheets of scrap paper at a time, and you have to turn them in at the end of the test, so I advise against writing stray death threats or psychotic ramblings as a tension release.

I don't know if things have changed, but back when I took it you weren't allowed to bring in paper or pencils. You might have devious cheating codes inscribed on said tools. The test folks supply everything, but only give you three sheets of scrap paper at a time, and you have to turn them in at the end of the test, so I advise against writing stray death threats or psychotic ramblings as a tension release.

yea you're right. I dont know where I read that I should bring my own scrap paper. :(

how important is the essay on the gre? the essays on the mcat really don't matter, since most of the med schools don't give a shit how well you did on the essay portion.

Ah, that explains a lot. ;)

It really doesnt matter (or thats what people say) but I would at least like to have a finished essay :P

I wouldn't count on it. It depends a lot on where you go and who you want to work with in graduate school. I personally weight the verbal more than the analytical since IMO it's easier to teach the latter than the former at that stage.

:rofl:

jin, you should try to "sirsumvent" the rules, and bring your own mechanical pencils

I don't think they let you bring in any pencils, or at least they didn't when I took it, though I brought some with me as well. Nothing at all. Had to lock everything you had on you in a locker. Kleenex wasn't even allowed, and I had a cold that day.

I don't think they let you bring in any pencils, or at least they didn't when I took it, though I brought some with me as well. Nothing at all. Had to lock everything you had on you in a locker. Kleenex wasn't even allowed, and I had a cold that day.

yeah, they didn't let me take anything in while i was taking the mcat. couldn't even bring in my water bottle.