Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

One more:

6dc0_1_sbol.JPG

Xiang Sheng 708b -- finally managed to figure out how to bid with this one merchant -- they had it set up so that my PayPal account had to be associated with my eBay account, which I had never encountered before, so it wasn't, but now it is, and I remembered to bid (yeah yeah, I know, use software -- I purchase on eBay so infrequently that it's not an issue), so now it's mine. Here's to hoping it arrives in working condition.

And no, I don't need another headphone amp, I'm actually going to be using it as a preamp. Until I can get a Conrad-Johnson or whatever.

One more:...Xiang Sheng 708b...
Oh, I can tell this is going to go well -- the seller just responded to the "request for confirmation of shipping" with the following subject line:
請告訴我物品編號 130243666661, XIANG SHENG 708B Tube Headphone Pre Amplifier 的總金額
...and for those of you who don't read Chinese, here's the Babel Fish:
Please tell me the item number 130243666661, XIANG SHENG 708B Tube Headphone Pre Amplifier aggregate amount
Yes, that's right, they typed "please tell me the item number" right next to the item number.

And I have to make sure that they understand I need the 120V version.

:palm:

Oh, I can tell this is going to go well -- the seller just responded to the "request for confirmation of shipping" with the following subject line:...and for those of you who don't read Chinese, here's the Babel Fish:Yes, that's right, they typed "please tell me the item number" right next to the item number.

And I have to make sure that they understand I need the 120V version.

:palm:

Okay, they made up for it -- when I got home tonight, there were 5 messages waiting for me, most of which were assuring me that I (a) estimated shipping correctly, (B) that they would send me the 110-130V version, and © that they would pack it well.

So I sent payment. Here goes nothing.

Enjoy! And PM me, please, should you ever tire of it in future.

There is one person in front of you. I don't know that I will tire of it, although with my track record, who am I kidding. If I end up having no use of it at home, it will likely be my speaker amp for my office since it has speaker taps.

Amazon.com: Complete Live at the Hillcrest Club: Ornette Coleman: Music

So, apparently this is the cd release of the Paul Bley album I did the needledrop of. The second half of the show exists as an ornette coleman album somewhere too (the second half of this cd, that is). Since the first half is my favorite jazz recording so far, I'll need to keep my eyes open.