Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Not sure I have that many output tubes since I have to buy pairs it gets expensive. I also have a bunch of pairs of rectifiers too, not to mention standard Millett hybrid tubes and now a growing collection of Starving tubes too.

I'm tempted to build a starving, but finances got real tight, real quick. I need to rebuild my VanTOTL, too :sadcat:

I just picked up a crazy good deal on output tubes is why I have so many. On the other hand I have like 3 6SN7's. :P

PM me if I can help with the vantotl, not sure what freebies the parts box might contain that could be of use but I'll look.

Thanks for the offer. I'll decide if I feel like dealing with it. I have most of the resistors (exception of the heatsinked cahodes- 1k), new octal sockets, chassis, and B+ transformer.

It'll probably end up on hold for a long time, unless I can pickup some extra cash.

I was called upon for full time school, so my pay just just cut by about 75%. :palm:

Oh well, sacrifice now ;D

Not to completely derail this thread but I might, just might have the resistors for you. I ordered a spare set of 1k/50W resistors when I was building the Menace that should be in a box somewhere.

50W sweet.. I think I used 25W last time.

It might make snese to sell some output tubes to fund a transformer ;)

Considering the delay, they had better sound good.

I hope so, the long delay was certainly not the smartest move they could have made commercially. Did they ever tell the reason of the delay?

I'll try to write some impressions here when I get them to contrast all the "OMFG, I just got Westonez 1111!!!!11!" that will no doubt happen on Head-fi. :D