Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Emotiva and AV123 went their separate ways a while back. Which was probably a good thing, as AV123 has rather gone down the shitter.

Wasn't aware of that. It's been a while since I've ordered anything from them.

Wasn't aware of that. It's been a while since I've ordered anything from them.

From what I can gather it looks like they were dealing with an oversees partner that was supplying junk. Of course, they weren't complete victims as they continued to sell it.

I bought a used ufw-10 sub woofer from av123, which looks and sounds beautiful. I thought I had dodged a bullet, but after a month or so it started buzzing for the first 10-15 minutes after it powered up. I had to buy a replacement amp due to not being the original owner and the sub being about 4 years old but, they were extremely helpful and responsive, walking me through the install.(my choice to save on shipping)

Here is the thing though. After I finally got the amp installed I decided to really rock it out... then discovered that the driver was now buzzing at moderately loud volumes. I called in again leaving a polite wtf message. The owner, a pretty nice guy, called me back and after an hour or so of discussing everything from my issue to what has been going on with the company, shipped me a new driver free of charge.

Take of that what you will, but it seemed to me he is passionate about both his craft, his business, and is trying to honestly work his way out from the troubles of the last few years.

Kontrapunkt "c" is here and expertly installed (not by me, haha). It's ridiculously detailed and smoooooth, right from hour 0. Very similar sound to the "a" I auditioned - but I think a touch more resolving here. That's a good thing - I bought it based on that experience with the "a". Trying to get some more time on my "c" so it gets to around 10 hours ASAP :)

I ran it through the Kensingtons with supertweeters and so far the bit of top-end harshness/aggressiveness I was hearing with the Glider is completely absent. SO it looks like it was the cart, not the supertweeters after all. Yay!!

Nice Mike!

From what I can gather it looks like they were dealing with an oversees partner that was supplying junk. Of course, they weren't complete victims as they continued to sell it.

I bought a used ufw-10 sub woofer from av123, which looks and sounds beautiful. I thought I had dodged a bullet, but after a month or so it started buzzing for the first 10-15 minutes after it powered up. I had to buy a replacement amp due to not being the original owner and the sub being about 4 years old but, they were extremely helpful and responsive, walking me through the install.(my choice to save on shipping)

Here is the thing though. After I finally got the amp installed I decided to really rock it out... then discovered that the driver was now buzzing at moderately loud volumes. I called in again leaving a polite wtf message. The owner, a pretty nice guy, called me back and after an hour or so of discussing everything from my issue to what has been going on with the company, shipped me a new driver free of charge.

Take of that what you will, but it seemed to me he is passionate about both his craft, his business, and is trying to honestly work his way out from the troubles of the last few years.

Yes I have two of the UFW-10 subwoofers too. I did have a problem with the amp on one of them, and after talking with Mark Schifter they replaced the amp with a newer model and covered shipping on the sub both ways.

Tyrion, I just checked out Emotiva's site, and all their gear has me interested. The speakers have a no bullshit "Dusty approved" look as well. And the surround processor and multi channel amps look like bargains too.

Edited by swt61

Did you get it from AV123?

I really like their customer service.

Odd, considering they're one of the few companies where despite liking their products in general, I refuse to do any future business with them because of their "customer service."

Odd, considering they're one of the few companies where despite liking their products in general, I refuse to do any future business with them because of their "customer service."

Well I've known Mark since the Audio Alchemy days, so I always circumvent the normal channels and go straight to Mark. He's always bent over backwards for me.

The sub that had an amp failure was the one I bought from you, and he never gave me any grief about it being second hand.

Raif, What is that next to your humidor? It looks suspiciously like the Buffalo32 that Naaman just built.

Well I've known Mark since the Audio Alchemy days, so I always circumvent the normal channels and go straight to Mark. He's always bent over backwards for me.

The sub that had an amp failure was the one I bought from you, and he never gave me any grief about it being second hand.

That might be the difference, I never dealt with Mark, but somebody else. The driver in one of my Ref 1s randomly started a buzzing on bass at anything but soft levels, and I had bought them new and this was at a time when I didn't even listen very loud so I knew it wasn't like they were overdriven or anything. The guy I talked to didn't seem to care less and came across as if he was doing me a huge favor just by selling me a replacement driver. I was fine with that since it wasn't that expensive, except that the driver they sent me was for another one of their speakers, and - I'm not making this up - they simply marked out parts of the label with a pen (on the packaging, not the driver itself) and wrote in the details for the driver it was supposed to be, as if I wouldn't notice the difference when I took it out. Then when I obviously complained to them about it, they pretty much just blew me off and wouldn't do anything to resolve the situation. At some point later the buzzing just completely stopped as weirdly as it began, but there was no way I was doing business with them again after that. I'm sure Mark's a great guy and all, but if that's how the regular customer service people will treat you, I want no part of it.

Thanks and I will. I guess I should also add to the thread:

Stax O2 mkI

Stax 717

I need to start selling some gear...

Got my shipping notice from kuboTEN on Friday. I just checked the tracking and the package arrived in Greensboro today. Should be in my hands tomorrow :jbl: