Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

The 700 is round, though the driver isn't quite. Still, it would hurt me a bit to see such a headphone used as a fosterphone, though some of that is going to be the geek in me. Inside, you will find a very unique driver (assuming it is like my 700) consisting simply of what appears to be a very loose piece of plastic metallized on both sides, with a sheet of foam pressing directly on the back to provide tension. The other issue which makes them poor candidates for a fosterphone is that they likely will be quite uncomfortable, as pioneer didn't seem to realize that the ears are not parallel.

I was wondering if the drivers looked anything like the Take T. Your description sounds very similar. Makes me wonder why they don't sound as good. They may just get some fidgeting then. I'm also wondering if prodigious power will help flush them out at all?

If nothing else it's a cool old phone to take to meets. :)

I have never seen or heard a TakeT H2, but from what I have read, it takes significantly more voltage to drive than at least my Pioneers. I havnt listened recently, but seem to recall it being a bit rolled off on both ends, and maybe a bit slow (but my memory of this is quite fuzzy). I do think there are a few ways it could be improved, especially with different pads, but the main reason I bought mine was because it is a cool old phone with a pretty unique driver, and I really wanted an example of a Piezo headphone. I have not tried driving mine off anything but a pretty standard headphone amp.

2 way design with two woofers? Never mind, I can look it up myself. I do find the tweeter placement pleasant.

Oh, and: hawt!

They're mostly intended for home theater use I think. A third could be set horizontally for a center channel.

The price was so cheap I had to give them a shot, and yeah I figured the design scheme would be Dusty approved. :)

Steve,

Didn't you send me a pair of bookshelf(ish) speakers you already weren't using? :)

These are for my computer desk.

Eventually I'll be building some monitors for my audio rig, but no hurry there.

The Omegas were a bit large for my desk.

Yeah, but how could he not buy them for $149 each?! :postjack:

The voice of reason. :P

Also just picked up Apocalypto, Pan's Labyrinth and Bullitt on Blu-ray.

Edited by swt61