Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Presto Classical - 20% off Pentatone

There is a 20% off sale making them around $15 per? Even with the shipping (if you buy enough of them =P) it's cheaper than CDUniverse which has some on sale for I think $17 per.

Have you heard of any of the other labels they have on sale?

nope, never heard anything on Andromeda, that seems to be the other sale label?

Last thing bought includes the following from Amazon:

# 1 of: Windows Debugging: Practical Foundations

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

# 1 of: The Unofficial Guide to California with Kids (Unofficial Guides)

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

... and a Squeezebox Classic from a member here!

I don't know where guys like you keep turning up these bizarre old headphones. At least it must be a lot more fun than waiting around for new ones to come out, eh? :D

I'm a bizarre old guy, so they seek me out. :)

That depends on what you do while you wait. :P

That's for another forum. :P

Steve, I have the next step up from that, the SE-700. Its neat, but dont expect too much.

Yeah I read ericj's review of them. I didn't pay much at all though, and I thought they looked really sweet. I imagine they'll get some sort of driver transplant eventually.

I've been thinking of a dual SFI Ortho phone, and these look tall enough to accomodate two SFIs per side, so we'll see.

Do the 700s look similar?

The 700 is round, though the driver isn't quite. Still, it would hurt me a bit to see such a headphone used as a fosterphone, though some of that is going to be the geek in me. Inside, you will find a very unique driver (assuming it is like my 700) consisting simply of what appears to be a very loose piece of plastic metallized on both sides, with a sheet of foam pressing directly on the back to provide tension. The other issue which makes them poor candidates for a fosterphone is that they likely will be quite uncomfortable, as pioneer didn't seem to realize that the ears are not parallel.