Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Perhaps we should subcontract out to Postjack International? (Which would probably just subcontract out to Sri Lanka, or perhaps someplace innovative, like Kyrgyzstan.)

Postjack International is available for all your subcontractual moderator based needs. Our trained staff of Kyrgyztanian Internet forum experts have a strong grasp of American/Western European internet colloquialisms and are top notch to provide all services hey Julie Andrews and the cast of the Sound of Music are on Today. I did not realize it's the most popular musical of all time.

I like those Uniball pens, but .5mm is too fine for me. My office has the Pilot .5mm and .7mm, and my secretary hordes the .7mm for me.

Uniball Vision Elite Micro (0.5mm) is the only way to go (as long as we are only talking about disposable pens).

11969686.jpg

I once stabbed myself with one of those - trying to recap in a big hurry, missed, and drew blood from my finger. :palm: Anyone know a good lawyer?

you certainly shouldnt use my 0.3mm rotring then :)

http://www.iainclaridge.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/0910/rotring600_2.jpg

many a time have i been assaulted by that pencil but i have never written with anything that comes to within 300 miles of that pencil.

i have a silver one. past few posts are making me want to buy the black 600 :(

/runs off to montgomerypens.

That's a nice looking pencil! It reminds me of my engineering student days, a loooong time ago. I really miss the cool pencils and calculators! Now everything has to be in ink - no erasing allowed in my world!

I don't even think I'd impale myself on that because I would never need to recap it! ;)

I carry one of these Rotring multipens for fun, but rarely get to use it. It's kinda cool because it uses gravity to select which thing to push out when you click.

rotringaxte_data_black_bg.jpg

That's a nice looking pencil! It reminds me of my engineering student days, a loooong time ago. I really miss the cool pencils and calculators! Now everything has to be in ink - no erasing allowed in my world!

I don't even think I'd impale myself on that because I would never need to recap it! ;)

I carry one of these Rotring multipens for fun, but rarely get to use it. It's kinda cool because it uses gravity to select which thing to push out when you click.

rotringaxte_data_black_bg.jpg

I had one of those...not sure where it is now, and I don't need the stylus anymore, and don't use pencil, so I guess it's not a big deal :)

you certainly shouldnt use my 0.3mm rotring then :)

http://www.iainclaridge.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/0910/rotring600_2.jpg

many a time have i been assaulted by that pencil but i have never written with anything that comes to within 300 miles of that pencil.

i have a silver one. past few posts are making me want to buy the black 600 :(

/runs off to montgomerypens.

I have two of those, the black in 0.35mm and the silver in 0.5mm. I love the 0.5mm but tend to break the lead too much on the 0.35mm. They are really great pencils though.

are you allowed to use white out?

Sure, white out is ok, or white out tape, just no erasing.

Sometimes I just take scissors and cut out the part I don't like, such as when the pt complains that I suck. Then I write what I like better and tape it on top of the bad stuff to cover it up. Sometimes I like to write secret messages in invisible UV ink.

I have two of those, the black in 0.35mm and the silver in 0.5mm. I love the 0.5mm but tend to break the lead too much on the 0.35mm. They are really great pencils though.

Further shows shelly has all the cool toys :( I've been looking for a black 0.3mm for the longest time for a sane price but they are all nuts.

I went through the same lead breaking phase with the 0.3mm but if you stick with it you will reduce the amount of pressure you put on the tip leading to less breakage. Also leads to a waaaaaay nicer writing experience. I used to get bad pain while writing because I used to hold pencils so hard. The 0.7 mm pencils seem like crayons now. Also depends on what lead you use. Softer will break faster but will also lead you to hold the pencil with a softer grip a lot quicker.

I had those before but since I'm a clumsy idiot, I keep dropping them and mangling the tip.

I now use a retractable mechanical pencil (graphgear 1000)

pentel_pg1015.jpg

for essay finals i would sometimes fill three or four blue books in an hour and a half or two hours. typically i couldn't use my writing hand for anything the rest of the day, due to pain. writing sucks. my hand writing is basically illegible, those essay finals were fun all around.

For my upper level language classes I'd request a oral exam. Nothing like reading 100 lines of Virgil or Homer, but it was rather nerve racking..

Further shows shelly has all the cool toys :( I've been looking for a black 0.3mm for the longest time for a sane price but they are all nuts.

I went through the same lead breaking phase with the 0.3mm but if you stick with it you will reduce the amount of pressure you put on the tip leading to less breakage. Also leads to a waaaaaay nicer writing experience. I used to get bad pain while writing because I used to hold pencils so hard. The 0.7 mm pencils seem like crayons now. Also depends on what lead you use. Softer will break faster but will also lead you to hold the pencil with a softer grip a lot quicker.

Perhaps I should try the 0.3mm again. Don't know if will help my death grip since I self taught myself to hold my pencil the "wrong" way.

Also, some of the prices on ebay aren't too bad I think.

Edited by shellylh

for essay finals i would sometimes fill three or four blue books in an hour and a half or two hours. typically i couldn't use my writing hand for anything the rest of the day, due to pain. writing sucks. my hand writing is basically illegible, those essay finals were fun all around.

holy crap those blue books have the worst paper ever. i dont think I write that hard, but I always rip through one of the pages every time i have a test

holy crap those blue books have the worst paper ever. i dont think I write that hard, but I always rip through one of the pages every time i have a test

Have you ever actually spoken to the TAs that grade the books? I dont think they even brush their teeth.

The books are not about the essay; it is a test of pure survivalism in a Crusoe environment.