Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

The components alone (drivers and crossovers) would cost upwards of $1000.00 today. This was a component kit that Madisound offered about a year ago, for a design by Jed from Clearwave Speaker Design. They sold it for $676.00, which was a real bargain. Nevermind the MDF, wiring, acoustic stuffing/lining, binding posts, ports, gorgeous Fiddleback Makore vener and incredible labor involved. These gorgeously finished (catalyzed lacquer) beauties, with matching stands were mine for a mere $600.00. How could I pass that up?

Big thanks to Nebby for educating me on the quality of the components and design!

State_of_the_art_Fashionable_Wristwatch_Walkie_Talkie_Spy_Wrist_Watch_Auto_Channel_Scan_LCD_display_Auto_Squelch2_pack.jpg

Walkie-talkie wristwatches for my niece and nephew. I would have loved these when I was a kid.

When you were a kid? Ha!

We used soup cans back then. We tied them together with a string that was just long enough to allow you to run around to the other side of the fireplace. That was far enough to not be seen by your sister who was holding the can on the other end of the string, yet close enough to still think you could actually hear her voice coming from the soup can that you were holding to your ear like you would a conch shell to hear the ocean.

Of course, what you were hearing was her voice coming from the other side of the room, but because you couldn't actually see her, you somehow were able to fool yourself into believing that it was coming through the can itself. My first experience with the placebo effects in an audio system, I suppose.

What a nice Auntie you are, V.