Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

The bad thing is if you have a car, there's no place to park it.

Not true.

Monday... four blocks over on the left side of the street.

Tuesday... 13 blocks down on the right side of the street, because the street cleaners are coming.

Wednesday... In front of your house! :prettyprincess: However you have a $350.00 ticket because they said the wheels weren't turned to the curb enough. Even though if you turned them any harder the steering wheel would crack and fall off.

Thursday... Only eight blocks over, but that's a crack den neighborhood, so your wheels, tires and fenders are gone.

Friday... 12 blocks to the East, but the guy who lives there said your bumper extended 1.2" into his driveway and had you towed. $500.00 impound fee, and the towtruck driver got pissed because you didn't have any Hank Williams Jr. CDs to steal, so he took a big crap on your drivers seat.

Saturday... 16 blocks away, but Hillary Clinton was in town and might possibly be passing within 3 miles of your neighborhood, so the car was relocated overnight while you slept, so that her motorcade could have clear passage on a four lane street, but the city can't remember where they moved the 12 cars on that block to. They'll be happy to send you an email in 6 months or so once the car is located.

Sunday... After taking out a loan you are able to buy a $50.00 Muni monthly pass. Problem solved. ;D

now all you need to do is trade the T-40 in for a Mac, and you can be a respectable person.

If you want to contribute the difference, I'm all for it. People seem to think their used Macs are made of solid gold. And new is certainly out of my price range at the moment. A MacBook Pro is in my future at some point. This is just a stop-gap measure, spending little money.

Little sister - "Hey Nate, if you want my old Powerbook you can have it."

Nate - "Sure!"

Free 15" Powerbook FTW

If your little Sister is anything like my little Sister it wouldn't exactly be free considering all the money I've funneled her way. Still it's nice to have some payback, and that was very cool of her.

I got a drink cozie with some Random bar name from my Sister once. :P

If your little Sister is anything like my little Sister it wouldn't exactly be free considering all the money I've funneled her way. Still it's nice to have some payback, and that was very cool of her.

She's a good kid, hasn't had the easiest life and yeah, I tend to dote on her like every good older brother should. Needless to say she was compensated for the shipping plus a little extra. ;)

Used ThinkPad T-40. Should arrive tomorrow.

Arrived... Everything seems to be fine. Though I FUCKING HATE IT when they don't provide a recovery CD and only provide the recovery partition. And the software for creating recovery CDs from the partition isn't compatible with the T40. So without jumping through a bunch of hoops either trying to ghost the image or buying the media from Lenovo, the HD can't be replaced/upgraded.

:rant: :rant: :rant:

Arrived... Everything seems to be fine. Though I FUCKING HATE IT when they don't provide a recovery CD and only provide the recovery partition. And the software for creating recovery CDs from the partition isn't compatible with the T40. So without jumping through a bunch of hoops either trying to ghost the image or buying the media from Lenovo, the HD can't be replaced/upgraded.

:rant: :rant: :rant:

Yeah the T40 is one of the first laptops that started doing that. Annoying, especially if you need the extra hardrive space :(