Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I have to say I'd never buy a helmet online. Helmets to me are like diving masks, you have to try them on to make sure they fit. So I guess if you can go and try on a helmet at your local shop and then buy it online that's ok but otherwise I'd rather go to the local guy.

I've owned enough helmets at this point that I"m fairly comfortable with how each brand fits :)

I have to say I'd never buy a helmet online. Helmets to me are like diving masks, you have to try them on to make sure they fit. So I guess if you can go and try on a helmet at your local shop and then buy it online that's ok but otherwise I'd rather go to the local guy.

I bought mine as a replacement for one that had given its all. I keep it around as an example of why full face helmets are a good idea. I bought the same model and size and it fit well, just like the one it replaced. I also had plenty of time to ship it back if necessary as my 6 broken ribs were healing at the time. :o

I guess I'm just retarded ;)
You're not retarded. Afterglow is just different. It's all post-Lilith Fair, so the coffeehouse sound is a little more prominent. Usually artists go the other way (case in point: Jewel) -- they start with the simple stuff, then work their way up to the more produced material. Sara just went in the other direction. I have a feeling that album captured 'where she was going' with her live stuff.

I've owned enough helmets at this point that I"m fairly comfortable with how each brand fits :)

See, now there were at least three lines within the Arai family when I bought my last helmet and each fit very differently. One was clearly for round heads, another for narrower and the third I can't remember.

See, now there were at least three lines within the Arai family when I bought my last helmet and each fit very differently. One was clearly for round heads, another for narrower and the third I can't remember.

Spendy fuckers, the Arai I looked at would have cost me $705. My SHOEI only cost me $430.

Spendy fuckers, the Arai I looked at would have cost me $705. My SHOEI only cost me $430.

"Only" $430? That's why I like white helmets. My RF1000 cost $260. Of course, it can get crazy. A woman that rides with our group is friends with Chris Woods, of AirTrix fame. She asked him to paint her helmet and to go "a little wild". He did. She was surprised by the cost as the bill for the paint job was $3K. Spending money for special paint on such a disposable product doesn't work for me. Like I said, I like white helmets. ;)

"Only" $430? That's why I like white helmets. My RF1000 cost $260. Of course, it can get crazy. A woman that rides with our group is friends with Chris Woods, of AirTrix fame. She asked him to paint her helmet and to go "a little wild". He did. She was surprised by the cost as the bill for the paint job was $3K. Spending money for special paint on such a disposable product doesn't work for me. Like I said, I like white helmets. ;)

I'm not quite at the stage of wearing a plain helmet ;) Besides this one matches my jacket :)

Ian would understand about the matching thing. Style! (accent wall)

Nice, Steve. I almost built one of those for my/your Bugle.

Me, I just bought a few more tubes. My favorite output tube for the Menace appears to becoming more rare and I'd like to get them while they're still reasonable. Not to mention that I had a brand new one go bad this weekend. :rant:

Best of luck with the mirrored shield, I've never had much luck with them and they suck after the sun goes down.

Summer: Dark Green/smoke shield, clear Panoptxs for the night.

Winter: Clear shield, smoke Panoptxs underneath.

Helmet: Arai, non-imported Japan domestic, they're fitted, not S/M/L/XL, plus the styles are two years ahead of the exports.

Japanese and Austrian parts from the bike dealer, they give me a 15% discount or matching internet price. American parts at a 10% discount. Race/custom parts from MAW

Nice, Steve. I almost built one of those for my/your Bugle.

Thanks Nate, it sounds great, but so does the one you built.

Me, I just bought a few more tubes. My favorite output tube for the Menace appears to becoming more rare and I'd like to get them while they're still reasonable. Not to mention that I had a brand new one go bad this weekend. :rant:

I hate it when a new tube goes bad. It makes me feel cheated.

Dusty can I watch while you saunter into a biker bar wearing these?

1396-513335-p.jpg

1396-513335-p.jpg

They should at least come with a condom!

Because you might as well just wear a sign that says "Bend me over and use my ass for your pleasure". >:D

<mumbling> bite your tongue, chris, bite your tongue...</mumbling>

Is that something like you had in mind? :P