Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Monster's a great girls' bike.

The problem I have with ducks is they're made for italians. People WAY shorter than I am. The triumphs have a better geometry for big peoples :)

The daytona has always been a favorite of mine. I'm really interested in the buells, too. They seem like they're optimized for real world riding, rather than superbike racing.

And the R6 is the single scariest bike I've ever ridden. WAY too much power to weight.

You should try a Hyabusa then. That was the scariest thing I've ridden. The sheer power it has is insane. You can wheelie in any gear if you just rev a little too hard too fast.

All superbikes are about the same now. They've dropped a goood 20lbs since I had mine and weigh in about 350 lbs dry. Thats the biggest difference coming from his Katana to a super bike. He'll lose about 100 lbs off the bike alone./

At 6'-3" you'll have a problem with just about any sport bike. Which gets back to my original point, no one needs even an R6/GSXR600/ZX6 etc on the street. If you want to do track days or race then fine, buy one. Otherwise you're just wasting your money on power and ability you'll never use or need. Buy something less racy and use the money you save to do something like the Code School or similar. The skills you learn will make you far faster (and safer for that matter) than a different bike.

I'd say I use about 40% of the capability of my bike generally speaking and have no real desire to explore the remaining 60%. The margins are thin enough without pushing it. Heck, I rode it in this morning and on the on ramp to the highway I decided I'd let it breath a bit. On the shift from second to third I was pushing 75 with another 3 grand towards redline. On a sport bike I'd have been pushing triple digits which is just plain stupid.

Although I agree with you, I have desire to play on the track. BUT, its more that I really like the bikes. I mean come on, have you seen the new GXRF650? The Gixxer is so much nicer.

However, I do see your point. I can't see using any more power. As it is, my bike's shift form first to second is around 55ish. Second gear winds to about 85ish. I have not gotten on it past second gear, but I doubt there is much room in third or forth gear, since the gearing is so incredibly short.

I also don't seem to have problems fitting on my bike, however the 125 miles on Saturday took a good toll on my back.

You should try a Hyabusa then. That was the scariest thing I've ridden. The sheer power it has is insane. You can wheelie in any gear if you just rev a little too hard too fast.

All superbikes are about the same now. They've dropped a goood 20lbs since I had mine and weigh in about 350 lbs dry. Thats the biggest difference coming from his Katana to a super bike. He'll lose about 100 lbs off the bike alone./

My Kat weighs about 460.

Although I agree with you, I have desire to play on the track. BUT, its more that I really like the bikes. I mean come on, have you seen the new GXRF650? The Gixxer is so much nicer.

However, I do see your point. I can't see using any more power. As it is, my bike's shift form first to second is around 55ish. Second gear winds to about 85ish. I have not gotten on it past second gear, but I doubt there is much room in third or forth gear, since the gearing is so incredibly short.

Riding like that, you're gonna be getting <30mpg I bet :)

nr513ee8.jpg

&

tlz70rp3.jpg

The latter meant to be attached to the former one as it would keep my hands free and I don't have to carry weight on my bag or shoulder which is a pain for me with the heavy weight I carry around.

Will add later this week: something like the Toploader 65 AW for my other camera but have to measure the correct size.

It's just SOOOOO BIG and I'm not really massive myself so it looks rather weird lol ;D

And on order: the Apogee Duet!!

My Kat weighs about 460.

Exactly. Your Katana is about 100lbs more than the comparable super sport bikes. They're also alot less comfortable as if I remember correctly, your Katana sits alot like my F4 as opposed to the GSX-R600 I had or any of the new super bikes (which all have very aggressive seating now).

I also don't seem to have problems fitting on my bike, however the 125 miles on Saturday took a good toll on my back.

I used to hit 75-85 in first gear on my GSX-R600 when I was learning how to wheelie and that's approaching redline. Normally, I shift around 3k rpm. =T

a custom knob for a certain amplifier. I'll post pics when it get it, but it's pretty basic. Most importantly, it fits a 1/8" shaft. I got it from a local place, which is cool:

http://www.armadilloguitar.com/

if anyone ever need custom knobs, give them a call. I think I paid around $18 for a solid stainless steel knob that's around 1" thick and 1.5" in diameter.... with position indicator and set screw.

that being said, I now have a spare vt4c knob for sale.

* Homework - Daft Punk

$9.97 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

Condition: new

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

* On Any Sunday - David Evans (XIX)

$17.99 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Discovery - Daft Punk

$10.97 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Afterglow - Sarah McLachlan

$8.97 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Call off the Search - Katie Melua

$13.98 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Faster - Ewan McGregor

$12.49 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Dying to Say This to You - The Sounds

$9.97 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* One Cell In the Sea - A Fine Frenzy

$8.99 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Fur & Gold - Bat for Lashes

$11.99 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Pictures - Katie Melua

$26.99 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

* Alive 2007 - Daft Punk

$13.99 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock

I just bought those ugly shoes I posted elsewhere (one of the violently purple, and two of the "techy" black). Here's to hoping they fit, as they're out of my first choice of sizes.

* Homework - Daft Punk

* Discovery - Daft Punk

* Alive 2007 - Daft Punk

How is it you don't have these already? I thought you were a serious Daft Punk fanboy.

Oh, and * FOTM * FOTM * FOTM * FOTM...