Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Nah already done the 325s, time to try something different so it's 225s this time.

Cool. I guess if your mods can tame 325's, it'll be up to task for 225's. The last time I listened to 225's, they tried to puncture my eardrums with their harshness. I'm not sure if it was just that pair, but man, it was brutal.

What don't you like about them compared to the other grado models?

Exactly what Salt Peanuts described. They're the harshest Grados (maybe the GS-1000 is worse) I've heard. This was with flats, bowls and HD414 pads.

I preferred the smoother sound of the HF-1 and SR-60. Even my stock SR-325 was bright but didn't have the awful nasal character of the SR-225.

Exactly what Salt Peanuts described. They're the harshest Grados (maybe the GS-1000 is worse) I've heard. This was with flats, bowls and HD414 pads.

I preferred the smoother sound of the HF-1 and SR-60. Even my stock SR-325 was bright but didn't have the awful nasal character of the SR-225.

I've never noticed that they're worse than the 325's. Perhaps I'm not as sensitive to highs as I think I am.

I've never noticed that they're worse than the 325's. Perhaps I'm not as sensitive to highs as I think I am.

I associate harshness with midrange peakiness more than treble. Which is why I avoid headphones like the SR-225, W5000, and Stax SR-404.

i never found the SR-225s to be particularly harsh, with flats.

Flats and HD414 pads helped, but they still sounded bad to me.

Which is why I really need an extended audition of the Omega 2 again now that I've heard a lot of higher end gear. From what I heard twice in the past I should really love them with where my tastes have gone. I was really tempted to buy a pair after the NYC 2006 meet, but I think I ended up getting a K1000 amp instead.

You Suck, by Christopher Moore, in paperback

Buffy Omnibus 3

30 Days of Night 8: Red Snow by Ben Templesmith (! -- I love Ben Templesmith's art and what little of his writing I've been able to find)

Hi-Fi Choice January 2008 issue (I really need to subscribe)

Absolute Sound new issue (I really need to subscribe)

Sunday Washington Post

Sigur Ros DVD Heima (I think)

:doghuh:

The inside door cover. My door is locked shut, and can't be open because the mechanism is messed up from where I was cleaning out broken glass from the door panel. When I was done, I closed the door, and THEN realized the mechanism was detached. DOH

The inside door cover. My door is locked shut, and can't be open because the mechanism is messed up from where I was cleaning out broken glass from the door panel. When I was done, I closed the door, and THEN realized the mechanism was detached. DOH

ouch man, sorry to hear. hope the fix isn't too draining on your wallet

ouch man, sorry to hear. hope the fix isn't too draining on your wallet

It is. C'est la vie. No point in getting too worked up about it. I'll just add it to what i've spent on the bmw, and it moves my breakeven point on it out until march. So as long as the bmw makes it until march, I'm still good.

Yea, the definitely are.

If you remmeber the animated movie from the 80's, after Megatron "died," Starscream became the new Decepticon leader. He crowned himself and wore a cape.

So there's a Masterpiece Starscream (MP-03) and Takara's releasing an accessories kit which includes the crown, cape, and new shoulder armor. I wonder how much that is going to cost...