Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I just bought back my old PPA v2 with the zebrawood case.

I had been plotting a β22, but realized it wasn't in the budget. So when my old amp popped up locally, I decided to snatch it up.

I always remembered it as a poor match with my Grados, but I'll be damned, it sounds fan-fucking-tastic with my HF-1s. Detailed, controlled, no harshness and great imaging. It's a nice companion to the Millett.

I had been plotting a β22, but realized it wasn't in the budget. So when my old amp popped up locally, I decided to snatch it up.

I always remembered it as a poor match with my Grados, but I'll be damned, it sounds fan-fucking-tastic with my HF-1s. Detailed, controlled, no harshness and great imaging. It's a nice companion to the Millett.

YAY!!

man I need to try out a PPA out one of these days :P

$125 for a 4x8' sheet of 3/4" ply? OUCH. I'm glad I get lumber for free.

Well, you can pay $50 for shit veneer plywood if you want but this is about building something nice. And sure, free lumber is great if you can get it but the equivalent 32 board feet of Cherry would have cost ~$400 and taken 5x as much time to laminate together. This way I can get this piece built in a couple weekends.