Watches

Dusty Chalk

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't owned a watch in years and am pretty clueless about the current market so I need some suggestions.  I'm looking for something with a black face, leather band, luminous hands and indexes and I'd prefer something that's very low maintenance.  I don't want something I'll have to wind or spend time setting once a week.  Budget:  ~ $500

I'm kind of skeptical about whether rechargeable watches are a better solution than watches with conventional batteries. 

My last rechargeable watch (a Seiko Kinetic) did not go 3 years on its last battery, which is well within the limits of what one should expect out of a battery in a simple day/date watch. For several times the replacement cost I kind of lean away. 

I just found out you can buy replacement batteries and DIY them into the watch... 

The Seiko may live again. 

Except I also hate electronic watches. 

Noticed yesterday that Seiko recently added some SARB-like watches to its offerings, labelled SARG and SARX this time:

http://www.seiyajapan.com/collections/seiko

some really nice looking pieces there. I almost bought a SARB instead of CW, someday I'll pickup one of these Seikos. In particular I like the SARX015 and SARX017.

SARX015: 

S-SARX015_a_large@2x.jpg?v=1384998541

SARX017:

S-SARX017_a_large@2x.jpg?v=1384333057

• Like 1

It is a bit on the large side of things, but it's not heavy so it's very easy to wear.  The leather band is pretty comfortable as well, and I really like the slick quick-release mechanism for it.  For someone who doesn't know much about watches the movement seems pretty nice and doesn't seem to lose/gain much time over the course of a day.  Oh yeah I still think it looks pretty badass  :dance:

• 2 months later...

Perhaps looking to sell some watches. The Sinn 856S BKA is getting serviced including Ar gas refill and the Ball is in nearly new condition. Found something I would like but need a bit more cash. If there is interest PM. Otherwise I will have to wait until April and hope the item I am looking at doesn't sell.

Edit: will include pics later from this thread. Too tedious on my phone.

Edited by luvdunhill

Perhaps looking to sell some watches. The Sinn 856S BKA is getting serviced including Ar gas refill and the Ball is in nearly new condition. Found something I would like but need a bit more cash. If there is interest PM. Otherwise I will have to wait until April and hope the item I am looking at doesn't sell.

yda4ebuj.jpg

emusazud.jpg

Edited by luvdunhill