Watches

Dusty Chalk

He brings it to within the original specification, and offers pretty much a 1 year no questions asked warranty.

Is your movement COSC certified? I ask, because right after the warrantee information he has a caveat that says: "because of age and technology at the time, please do not expect a vintage timepiece to be as accurate as modern watches".

My point is that he makes a claim and offers a warantee but it is not clear what the parameters of the claim are. If it was COSC certified that would clear things up, but pre-COSC makes it harder. It it loses 30 seconds a day for example would he be liable to fix it and perhaps replace parts that wouldn't have been covered by the routine maintenance he just performed? It is the fact that he gives himself an out on the page is all I am pointing out.

It was probably shipped with insurance which means they treat it like it's filled with gold bars. USPS express guarantees suck but it's a very safe way to ship high value items cheaply. I send all my watches for service using it and it's always nerve-wracking because the tracking never seems to make sense.