Watches

Dusty Chalk

u3umygar.jpg

That's my Suunto Vector. The dial is 45.6mm, housing width is 51.4mm. I know it's a different style of watch but the size feels about right for me... Upper end of "medium sized." 40mm is definitely more of a "ladies watch" look for me. 42-44 would be the smallest I would want to look at for me personally. Lots of watches I like that just wouldn't look right at all.

**BRENT**

New Trident:

IMG_20140709_075258.jpg

I love it. Was worried about the size when I first put it on, and I still think its a little big for my wrist, but I still love it.

It looks better in real life than on their website. I think it looks a bit better than that Orient 42mm Mako XL that I posted before. Congrats!

On this end, I finally installed a new Swiss leather strap with deployant clasp on the Speedmaster Pro, but I didn't go for an Omega strap yet. I am really loving this watch, and my other's are being neglected.

post-905-0-58951200-1405227238_thumb.jpg

post-905-0-21310300-1405227277_thumb.jpg

post-905-0-91943400-1405227301_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Classy!

Love Pros on mesh, like this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20mm-SHARK-MESH-BRACELET-OMEGA-Speedmaster-Seamaster-Seiko-Orange-Black-monster-/131233617000?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item1e8e221468

I have a mesh from this seller in my Orange Monster and love it. 

Below is the mesh I bought, but it seems too fine. I considered the one you linked me to, but I'm considering a genuine Omega mesh instead.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281206556645?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=580250003589&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• 5 weeks later...

I have 5 Citizen Eco-Drive watches and love them all.

I have a stainless perpetual calendar eco-drive chronograph with silver dial that I've never worn after I sized it, because I wore the Titanium version instead.  I'd be willing let to let you have it for way below your budget (like $200), with 4 years of warranty left.  I paid almost $290 on Amazon if I recall.

I do not need to sell this and don't plan to post it anywhere else, I'm just offering it to you if it will help you out.  PM me if you want photos, otherwise I plan to keep it and give it to my son or brother for Christmas.

I offered him an Eco Drive (mine has the limited edition blue markings) that I have sitting around, and he wants that Seiko.  I think he's making a good choice.  I've had a Seiko self-winder, which I gave to a great friend, after my dad died (and I got his Rolex), and I wish I still that that Seiko.  They are great watches.  That JDM watch is as good as any Rolex ever made.

I love my Seiko SKX173 diver with SS bracelet, and think their automatics are pretty neat.  I also have a 42mm Orient Mako XL blue satin dial that's also a great budget automatic (now owned by Seiko).  But lately I've been just wearing my Omega and Rolex watches the most.

I bought each of my brother's a Seiko 5 automatic dress watch this year, and gave them an Orient Mako for sporting purposes as well.  But I liked my Citizen watches too much to give away, as much as I like giving things away to people I love.  

So I'm not a complete Omega/Rolex snob yet, although I did give Ben an Omega Seamaster Pro mid-size as an Eagle Scout achievement award this year, so that he can join the fine-watch club with me.

Omega Seamaster is a seriously nice watch.

Yeah, I like mine as much as my Rolexes!  I have an approx 10 year old Seamaster Great White GMT on shark mesh, a 2009 Planet Ocean with orange bezel, and a pair of 2014 Seamaster Pro with ceramic bezel (one with and one without the chronograph).  I also have a 1962 Seamaster De Ville Date gold-cap dress watch as a birth year watch, and a plain Jane 1962 SS Seamaster.

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

That is a damn good looking watch. If it is still available on Friday, I will buy it. Thanks Jacob and Jack!

Its probably my next watch. It looks pretty flawless. If you pick it up, share some pics with us.

I've never personally ordered from Seiya, but everybody says he is the man. Really fast shipping from Japan, and good prices.

Just picked up this. Seamaster Aqua Terra 8500. Omega has greatly improved their quality, even since my 2004 version of the same watch with 2500 movement.

... I sold my Rolex Datejust and happily used the proceeds to buy this.

330175c8f84ecf3be7e77fa739c0a04d.jpg

7c83456ab1882034a763f8cb1881a2d5.jpg

The automatic Seiko's and Citizen Eco Drives are great.. until you discover Grand Seiko and The Citizen.

I have a titanium Eco Drive that I love.

10c6b4181c83c4e9bf3c266eb9b6afb8.jpg

• Like 2