Watches

Dusty Chalk

I probably have $1K in the Ball and more like $1400 in the Sinn. Have boxes and all paperwork for each. I would go down a bit as I am getting a good deal on their replacement. Also willing to let anyone inspect them on loan.

More looking for interest (enablement) as I am out if the country and the Sinn is getting serviced in Germany.

Edited by luvdunhill

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Revue Thommen Grandville two-tone.  

Went looking for a custom made watch band for a Pulsar titanium solar watch that won't fit me, and instead I got a screaming deal on this (new old stock). They look very similar, but this is nicer.

Although now I'm thinking maybe I should give my step-dad a nice watch for father's day instead of the usual gift cards for a nice meal.  I wonder if this would look better on a 6 foot 2 inch retired 79 year old bald jewish man...  

yo1m.jpg

• 1 month later...

Man, that's nice and a lot cheaper than a blue Seamaster Pro. Good score.  I like blue watches. My Orient Blue Mako XL dial has more of a "blue satin" look to it, but often it's hard to tell that it's blue. One pic it looks black, the other you can tell it's blue.

(I installed a SS bracelet on it the other day, so that's different in the photos)

post-905-0-93318900-1403081942_thumb.jpg

post-905-0-69945700-1403082060_thumb.jpg

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

I picked my Blue Mako XL up as a 1-month old used watch for $115 shipped, with both the rubber strap + signed SS bracelet, with box and manual.  Strangely, no receipt...  I do like interesting and cool watches, regardless of costing a little or a lot.  I like to get value for my money.

What I like about Orient is that they make their movements in house, and I understand that many are decently decorated, while Chr. Ward uses an ETA-2893-2 and doesn't sign it.

But it's been quite hard to resist buying a Christopher Ward watch during the sale, as I have my eye on the C60 GMT Trident, but I must resist, resistance is not futile. But for $658 maybe one could make an exception?

c60tridentgmt_sks.jpg

I must remind myself, why buy a new GMT when I have a 14 year old GMT?

lro6.jpg

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a new leather NATO strap for my mid '70's Speedmaster Pro. It's really comfy and light, enough that I can forget I'm wearing a watch.

This way I can avoid trashing the original and vintage 1171 bracelet during casual daily wearing. I can still put the SS back on when I want to be more dressy.  I tried a generic JB clone shark mesh bracelet like the astronauts wore, but I didn't like the look on me.

Before:

q1lrb.jpg

After:

nqds.jpg

I was thinking about installing this shark mesh bracelet on the Speedmaster, which looks a bit like the JB bracelets the astronauts wore with theirs, when not using a velcro strap to wear it on the outside of their spacesuit.

I've got a shot of it next to the factory 1171 bracelet.  I see the Omega version a lot on Seamasters too, but that one is a bit thicker and sturdier than the aftermarket ones.

post-905-0-17340800-1404524902_thumb.jpg

post-905-0-71901000-1404524933_thumb.jpg

Nice, PJ! What size is that? Looks like something that would look normal on me.

**BRENT**

42mm. My other Christopher ward is 40mm. I'm thinking 40mm is the size for me, though I know different types of watches sit different on the wrist regardless of size.