What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Followed the mushrooms with green beans and cippolini onions in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Done on the grill in my Xmas gift - a 12" Lodge cast iron skillet. Also on the grill was a butterflied filet for Debbie and a Porterhouse for me. Everything was excellent and we have very happy tummies.

yes, i overcooked it a bit, but my wife likes it more done than we do. i didn't put anything on it (not adding salt to anything these days), just placed it on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and baked it at 350 for 12 minutes or so. for the next 56 days, already completed day four, my wife and i are eating strictly paleo and trying to incorporate zone diet principles too (well, i more so), which is nearly impossible since i can't possibly consume 11 cups of veggies or 72 spears of asparagus or something crazy like that just to eat about 8oz of protein.

next time i cook salmon, i'll cook it fast and very hot.

Just started cooking meat loaf in cast iron and it comes out amazing. Nice crust on the outside and amazingly juicy and flavorful on the inside. Cast ion has become our most used pans over the years. Second Reks' seasoning advice. It is anathema to my cleaning ethic but I have learned to cope.

Just started cooking meat loaf in cast iron and it comes out amazing. Nice crust on the outside and amazingly juicy and flavorful on the inside. Cast ion has become our most used pans over the years. Second Reks' seasoning advice. It is anathema to my cleaning ethic but I have learned to cope.

That sounds good.