What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

ceviche coming very soon. atlantic salmon, red cabbage, green onion, garlic, carrot, shallot, tomato, fresh lime juice.
How did that turn out? I'm a recent convert to ceviche...let me phrase that, I only just discovered ceviche, and I love it.

Eggs ceviche?

Me: I just had the best corned beef hash I have ever had at Homemade Cafe (in Oakland). Technically, it's pastrami, but it works really well with the herbs they use.

It's a fabulous looking 'za. I'm with your wife, though, on the anchovies. Although I used to not like gin until I had good gin. Maybe I need to get some high end anchovies?

And I do the same ... I go for sushi when I'm alone, since no one else in the family likes it.

Edited by jvlgato

There is a local Brazilian restaurant here in town, the food is very good but their beer and wine selection sucks so we don't eat there very often. What little i have had I liked.

Mike what cuts of pork did you use with that Que (post # 3536)? Looks very very tasty.

Edited by Augsburger

Clam is english for vongole. "White" is the type of sauce, not type of clam. It's opposite would be a "red" (tomato-based) sauce. Yes, there is a red clam sauce.

I've never tried Brazilian food but would love to go to a good Brazilian bbq (Churrascaria?) place. I've head that it really good.

Ah, thanks for the explanation, guzziguy! I absolutely love vongole, such a shame it's not a particularly popular dish here so there are not that many restaurants that serve it.

And well, I'm surprised you guys have tried Brazilian food! I'm from Brazil and I know of a few Brazilian restaurants in England but they're not that good, and I've always wondered how well regarded our food is in other places.

Ausburger, that's such a shame! Our beer is not nearly as good as proper German or English bear, but some say it's quite nice! A famous brand is called Devassa, maybe they have it there?

Guzziguy, you should go to one if you have a chance someday, it's a different way of eating meat and, to me, it's the best one! If you ever have a chance of going to one, don't hesitate! And yes, it's called churrascaria! :)

EdipisReks, so you know how it is, lol! I suppose most of you guys are from the U.S.? That's good, since meat there is very very good as well. I guess that's the problem in the restaurants in the UK, not very good meat usually!

Thanks, guzziguy, couldn't have done better at explaining the clam sauce thing. I've had the red clam sauce, and don't like it nearly as much.

Leonardo, I've been here:

http://www.fogodechao.com

Fabulous. No clue how authentic. Turn the coin on your table to green, and 3-4 gauchos descend upon you wielding open pit fire-roasted meat and hand carving it onto your plate. The onslaught continues until you turn your coin to red, and you can actually eat. Whenever you run out, or if you just feel like watching a bunch of meat carrying guys fall over themselves to get to you, just flip the coin back to green. I was meat drunk for days!

Nice looking paella and Rapture meat!

Edited by jvlgato