What are you smoking right now?

grawk

Vaping (e-cig lingo, replacement for 'smoking'), a really nice custom cigar strength e-liquid. Just to reveal how involved this thing is, here's the recipe for what I'm vaping right now.

4 ml of nicotine/propylene glycol (PG) solution (50mg/ml strength)

4 ml PG, to cut the strength

1 ml Vegetable Glycol, to improve vapor production

1.7 ml "Chocolate Tobacco" flavor from Flavor West, a food grade flavoring supplier that specializes in e-liquid ready flavors (mixed in Propylene Glycol, as many modern food flavorings are.)

.3 ml Vanilla Bourbon flavor from a similar supplier.

2 drops "Bitter Wizard", an additive that works at receptor levels on the tongue to cause a bitter sensation on the draw, fades cleanly in 3-4 seconds to reveal the other flavors.

1 drop "Vape Wizard", an additive that also works at receptor levels to mask acidic tastes, as some of the heavier food additives are naturally slightly acidic.

1 drop Sucralose concentrate sweetener

The bitter additive makes it brutal to inhale, but I knew that using too much would give me a cigar vape. Nice strong bitterness on the draw, and I'm using a low resistance cartridge so I get a very warm vapor. The sweet aftertaste of the sucralose lasts much longer than the bitterness so it's a nice transition and the soft chocolate/bourbon finish lasts a while. No smell, no (known) carcinogens.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

Yeah I've heard the claims that no nicotine is absorbed but I know it's totally untrue. You can feel nicotine, it burns a bit in the mouth and throat. When I used Snus packs (ground up well cured tobacco packets that to under the upper lip) they burned like hell depending on the strength and a built up tolerance.

The point is that this burns, and the burn correlates well with the amount of nicotine in my final vaping solution. I could double blind a 15 mg/ml mix against a 25 mg/ml mix any day. I haven't smoked a cig in 2 weeks but I do get withdrawal symptoms without my vape. I'm fairly suspicious of that study. The FDA has of course started looking into the e-cig business, so far no official stance. I think their main complaint could be the suppliers selling very high concentration nicotine solutions like I bought. I've seen vendors selling up to 100 mg/ml. Overdose (death), can occur in adults from 30-60 mg. A small spill with that strength could absorb through the skin in a very short time. I expect that to become an illegal practice. After that I'm sure they'll figure out how to tax synthetic nicotine.

Got some more vape supplies in today, including the ingredients for a Hunahpus flavor. Extra Stout (Guinness clone) amped up with a couple drops of strong espresso extract, a drop of spicy pepper extract, and a strong dose of vanilla bourbon (technically a bourbon barrel Hunahpus). Oh and 2 drops of 151 proof Everclear. Yes, it's awesome.