What are you smoking right now?

grawk

Bolivar Habana Half Corona. This one has at least 4 years of aging.

Very well constructed, good draw. Initial flavor was grass, followed by cinnamon. Second half, more citrus. This is a very interesting smoke, nothing unpleasant but nothing dominates. More sweet than savory, it would go well with a sweet beverage after a heavy meal. Very smooth. Sugars are well crystalized, so should be interesting to see what another year in the humidor does to these.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please tell me more. I've had one of these aging for a few years now, just waiting for that special day.

All I can say for sure (since I have smoked a total of maybe 10 cigars before) is that the X easily formed an inch of nice ash, was smooth and a not as spicy as a Hemingway or short story, medium body smoke, and burns forever. It took me 45 minutes of constant attention. I really enjoyed it and gifted one to a friend before who was very happy as well. I still believe I like the Padron 1964 maduro a little more, but they are different beasts. Opus X packed a little more punch, glad I didn't have to focus much on anything for a while that evening. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...