What are you smoking right now?

grawk

Yah, "I don't like supporting Rocky Patel, because he didn't act the way I like at a corporate event" and "I'm gonna support Habanos Ltd, because Cuba's such a spiffy place" is like patronizing nazi germany because winston churchill didn't invite you to join his private club.

When have I ever said that I patronize Habanos because Cuba is such a spiffy place? More accurate would be that I patronize Habanos despite it arguably being a fascist shithole.

That's bullshit. I don't have to actively like & support the maker to buy their product, I just have to not hate them. And even then, if I really like their cigars, I can make certain concessions. In the case of The Paki, I don't like his cigars, and so far, in my experience, he has been douche'y. So I have no reason to patronize him.

And the thing with Cuba is a faulty analogy anyway, because Habanos SA really runs the Cuban cigar business - much more than Fidel et al.

Yesterday a Plasencia Reserve. It was OK, easy draw, mild taste. I'll smoke the other four eventually but not super feeling it at the moment.

other then that is pretty much just been Partagas Shorts, which are awesome. really the perfect size and strength combination for me, and that whole sugar sunshine thing it does in the last third is hard to beat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Does that actually make them worth smoking? I've been looking for a decently full-bodied, not too spicy and not too pricey go-to cigar.

They are pretty good for the money. About $40 a box. They aren't available from us sources though.