Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

• 2 weeks later...
Now that my basement is almost dry, we're expecting up to two inches of rain in the next two days. Argh.

Yup, my co-worker who's been fighting this for years finally decided that after this storm he's raising his basement floor 9". I saw the high-water sings were back up on my way to work this morning, should be a fun commute for the next couple days.

Not snow, but my hometown of Perth, Australia got hit by a massive freak storm yesterday. Hail stones the size of golf balls. My old uni was very heavily hit, as was the nearby neighbourhood that my unit is in (which we are renting out). I hope the unit is OK, because I can't afford to repair anything that insurance doesn't cover......

The hall at my old uni. Original >100yr old stained glass windows decimated.

hallk.jpg

And a flooded library.

libraryv.jpg

A street near my unit. That is probably a foot of water, which is COMPLETELY unheard of in this part of the world.

streetf.jpg

are you on some kind of vacation to Hell?

Apparently so. I am officially here to meet with the professionals who will blow up the current house, cart of the debris, and then build a new one. That wasn't sufficiently stressful or headache-inducing, so on top of that we have a dead furnace and sub-freezing weather for the next four days.

yikes.gif

Three calls to the service dept. of the oil company have elicited a "it's on a tech's work list" response. Until then, I sit tight and try not to freeze solid.

big_cold.gif