Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

I have no right to complain vs. a lot of you guys but I think Lima's easy time of it has run out. Time to pay the piper. We've got 9 inches on the ground now and they're talking about the next winter storm coming through by around Tuesday. We could see at least another 6 inches although as usual they admit "they're not really sure yet exactly what it's going to do and where it's going to go."

Regardless of that: This is not good news for anyone east of me.

Just a heads up if nothing else. Sorry to have to send you this bad news.

Looks like we got of relatively easy here in Old Town with about 24-30" of snow but no power outages or any other major issues. Shovelling was relatively painless and even that tree branch thing was pretty minor.

The only issue I have right now is that we don't have any salt for melting some of the ice and we couldn't buy any on Friday so we're using Epsom Salt which half works.

Also did my good deed of the day helping an older gentleman to his house after catching him while he nearly wiped out on some ice. Apparently some dick walking behind us told his wife that the slow down was because of "some stupid old man needing help", which was sad because the guy talking was at least 60 and in 20 years he'd be the one needing help.

The regional CWD is for the Eastern and Southern regions and is being extended due to the impact of the winter storms across the Midwest and Northern AR into the lower ohio valley. Each system then progresses eastward towards the eastern seaboard during the next 72hrs. There is the potential for rapid cyclogenesis just off the Mid Atlantic coast as the models are trending towards by late Tuesday and Wednesday. Expect the potential for Blizzard conditions for some portions of the East coast/Southern New England areas on early Wednesday into early Thursday.

Dear God no, I can't take any more of this. Power was out for roughly a total of 36 hours (1.5 days) at my house and I got (really) sick for the first time in 3 years. Thankfully it wasn't out longer which I thought it would have been, because I saw a downed power line and downed trees/branches/etc and the road our house is on is still a complete mess. I feel fucking terrible.

We're about halfway through what is supposed to be a 36 hour snow event. Snowblew after the plow came through this morning, @4-5 inches and than the plow tailings at the drive mouth. With only one direction off the drive to blow the snow, we're beginning to get into space-management issues. At noon with @ 4 inches more, the dog walking pathes around my backyard were all drifted in and the spaniels were scudding around half-submerged. Lola, the youngster, thinks this is great and wants to cut-the-rug, but my old girl Rosie thinks it aint dignified to get you patootie cold and wet just to take a pee. This winter has definitely got me planning around the weather, and March is usually our big snow month.