UPS Sucks

n_maher

No, there'sno truth to that. They scan packages whenever people interact with them. I once watched a package go from LA to Chicago 4 times before finally getting to me. (UPS)

I always thought that. Then a few days ago, someone said the above. So I'm really not sure. :\

UPS, FedEx, and DHL are all pretty much the same for me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've personally never had any courier services damage packages shipped to me, or ones I've shipped. They have, however, managed to outright lose few things I've bought over the years. Thankfully, in all of those occasions, dealers came through and just sent me replacements.

For the bigger stuff I usually go fedex. Something about their distribution and shipping process appears to be more "privatized" for lack of a better word, my only issue with fedex has been not bothering to check that I am home and delivering the package when I am clearly there. USPS is awesome they really handle stuff very well but their tracking is terrible. I only use UPS for smaller light stuff that requires tracking for example a pair of cables or IC's, smaller packages go through a different processing area at the hub and are handled by hand on a nice small little conveyor belt, the big stuff is a different story.

Hah, those vids are priceless. I've also seen similar action in the post office. Parcels flying everywhere, even when the place is full of people carrying their own parcels, nervously awaiting their turn.

We've had a few UPS breakages.

So the only good news out of this so far is that the seller of my transport is being very accommodating so that part of the equation seems like it'll come to at least a reasonable end. Not sure what the hell is going to happen with the beta22 though.

This sucks all around Nate, but at least the seller is dealing with the issue on the transport. Fuck UPS if they try to dog you on the professionally packed beta22. I will write the letter for you if you need to ratchet up the pressure. :stick:

well, if you're not there on Saturday, then you have to wait until Tuesday as they don't work on Mondays.

Yeah, but that's no different than regular FedEx, where they only deliver from M-F - if you're not there on Friday, you have to wait till Monday.

My biggest gripe with FedEx Home Delivery is the near impossibility in picking up an item on which I missed the attempted delivery.

Evidently UPS decided that they hadn't screwed up the situation with the transport enough, rather than return the transport to me after "inspecting" the package they shipped it back to the guy in Canada. So let's hope he's the honest type and just refunds my $ since right now I have neither the player nor the $.

:sadcat:

Evidently UPS decided that they hadn't screwed up the situation with the transport enough, rather than return the transport to me after "inspecting" the package they shipped it back to the guy in Canada. So let's hope he's the honest type and just refunds my $ since right now I have neither the player nor the $.

:sadcat:

Well now that was another brilliant UPS move.

Wuhoo! UPS no longer knows where the package is and won't tell me since I was only the receiver of the package.

:doghuh:

All they do know is that they assigned it a new tracking number on the 6th (which they failed to send to either the shipper or myself) and that since that time it hasn't shown any additional information. I'd be laughing if there wasn't a $400 hole in my wallet right now.

Whaaaat?

UPS picked the package up from me on the 4th of March to inspect it as a part of the damage claims process. They denied the claim on the 5th and on the 6th they updated the original tracking number with the following information:

CONTACT UPS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / RETURNED TO SHIPPER

At that time I contacted the shipper and told him that it appeared that the transport was headed back to him and to let me know where he stood. I also suggested waiting until it got back to him before sorting out some final resolution. He agreed and we both remarked at how messed up it was that they would send it back to him. One week passes.

He emailed me this morning asking if I knew anything new so I called UPS. It took them 10 minutes to figure out that I was only the receiver, then another little while to figure out that the package had been given a new tracking number (WTF?) and then even longer to say, "We're sorry, the shipper needs to contact us to put a trace on the package to find out where it is and why it hasn't been returned to him." The new tracking number only says "Billing Information Received" and no one seems to know where it is or why it hasn't gone anywhere since the 6th.

I'd really like to know why neither the shipper or myself was provided with any updated information. Apparently as the receiver I'm a second class citizen and not privy to the inner workings of where the package I paid for is.

Well my saga with the transport officially ended today with the near full refund that I received from the seller. In the end he was more than fair and I feel lucky that the transaction was conducted with someone like that. Otherwise right now I'd be doubly screwed (no money, no transport). I also think that this officially ends my search for a transport.

The End