UPS Sucks

n_maher

So, on the day that my damaged transport is picked up (yesterday) I find out that UPS has decided to play kick-ball with the beta22 that I shipped out last week. Now today I hear back about the damage claim to the transport, which of course they denied sighting "insufficient packaging" and "no damage to packaging". Oh, sweet. I guess that custom cut 2" thick foam inserts and double boxing are now deemed insufficient packaging in their mind. And the entire corner of the box crushed 1" (through both boxes) qualifies as "no damage". I hope the guy who sold this to me is a good lawyer...

Now, onto the beta22 that I had professional packed. Evidently they managed to treat that package with such disdain that the transformer became dislodged and played pinball with the amp's internals and went so far as to snap one of the adjustment pots off of a pcb. I'm sure they'll deny that claim to claiming that layer upon layer of foam and bubble wrap was insufficient. Looks like I'll get to un-retire and repair that in the near future.

So, long story short, UPS can kiss my ass, I'll never ship another package with them if given the choice.

:stick::rock::rant::mikey2::mikey1:>:(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's worse because the majority of Audiogon sellers I've spoke to will insist on only using UPS. Most of them saying that UPS tracking is more thorough and won't ship USPS.

I wonder if they'll still do that after seeing these videos.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=cqaGE3s8qyc]YouTube - United Parcel Service sucks balls!![/ame]

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=HNs0Jv7D7Q4]YouTube - United Parcel Pitching Service[/ame]

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=slk6zeM4Of8]YouTube - UPS driver kicking every single package[/ame]

Honestly some of you guys have the worst luck with shipping, I can thing of maybe one or two instances where I've received something damaged and if I recall correctly both packages weren't packed nearly well enough. Given I never shipped anything UPS but I receive stuff from them fairly often and have never had a problem.

I only use USPS when shipping or buying now.

I've heard that ALL the shippers, USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.'s tracking is just guesstimated, and it lists where the package should be, but not where it actually is, besides when it is delivered. Is there any truth to that?

No, there'sno truth to that. They scan packages whenever people interact with them. I once watched a package go from LA to Chicago 4 times before finally getting to me. (UPS)