Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Qcables or something has a iphone thingy for sale.

i was reading the other forum and someone said connecting pins 1 and 11 would do the trick.

There has to be a trick to converting our lod's to work...

I was really surpised by the lineout on the apple supplied dock for the iPhone, would not mind having the SQ to a portable headamp or in my car if i could just redo some of my Cheap lod's i have now.

COme on you peeps on headcase should be all up in this shit! jeeezzz

Every Charging dock I seen works as a line out but the iPhone just asks you if you want to do Airplane mode. Maybe there is a way of tricking the phone to think there is a charger or something...

Billy, I think this is related to the chip that Wadia had to license from Apple to do the whole iTransport thing.

FOr digital out maybe..well yes

but for fooling the phone into thinking there is a charger on for the line out to be used then no, considering so many crappy no name companies are making chargers that work the line out.

I find it funny not one of these Big Dollar LOD companies figured it out yet, or maybe the people running the companies are waiting for someone else to do the work in figuring out the fix... just like they all carbon copied their products wiring from the guy who first posted the pin out and how to make a dedicated line out for the ipod years back.

whats even more surprising that no one on headcase has the answer neither, after all hc is the place to blast any Amp maker for questionable design.... all the know it all people around here should be able to come up with the answer..no offense meant but maybe a little push to get a LOD to work with it...wink wink...

got the marware sport grip silicone case in black for my 3G iPhone. it fits the phone perfectly, lets you have completely use of all buttons and whatnot as well as feeling secure and great in the hand, but it's a dust and lint magnet. i suspect i am going to return it within the 30 day trial period and try something else...

Yeah I dunno we'll see. I don't mind that its ugly and has bubbles in it. What I do mind is I trapped some cloth fibers from the cloth that the iphone comes with underneath the front piece so it shows up over the screen which is annoying.

I should have been not impatient and retarded and watched a few videos and not tried reapplying it several times. But I was in my "Well I understand the theory and I've done things like this before" mindset and totally fucked it up.

Though to be fair I don't see how its possible to do the backpart perfectly. Though I should probably just consult videos regarding that (I watched some front applying videos after the fact).

Tonight is the Night i will attempt to DJ using the remote app at my bar. i tested it twice this week and it seems to work good without major flaws. great signal from WIFI but i can hear the noise going threw the speakers. just incase all shit hits the fan i will have my classic on the idj2 cued up and will also have my iPhone dock incase i need that music...

I am pretty secure going into tonight with the remote app as number 1 DJ tool...

Well the night is over and it was a so so go with the remote app as being used for djing.

first the app locked up at least three times but it was an easy fix.

weird part is when the people started coming in and the place got packed the phone did not receive anything from the computer, even at close range. not sure if WIFI can get blocked or something when there is lots of people with other phones going??

not sure but the night could of been worse for sure, any customer loved the idea..actually they thought i was a genius after i explained to them how i am djing and why i look like a jagbag always looking and playing with my phone.

mind you people i was using the internal wifi from the lappy and i even hooked up a usb wifi to see if i could get any better signal to the phone but it did nothing.

this week i am going to test the setup at least four times before next friday, if anything i will try to replicate the problem before hand if i can.

the problem was more likely interference from other people with iphones and other wifi devices (and bluetooth) all sharing the same frequencies, rather than their actual bodies. If you get a wifi router with good external antenna, that might make it better.