Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Color me meh, I don't see anything in the new touch that would motivate me to buy one over what I already have. The speaker would almost assuredly be rendered moot by any sort of functional case and the volume buttons might get lost there as well.

Yup. I wasn't in the market no matter what, but seeing as I bought my touch about 3 months ago, I was kinda hoping for a mediocre release like this :)

I was hoping for 64gb Touch.

Same here.

I wish they'd quit farting around with little tweaks like this and get busy writing an app to play video formats other than *.mov or whatever quicktime uses. Having to transcode everything blows.

I'm surprised that there aren't little plug-ins/apps that just does that phone you on iPhon/Touch.

I would bet that Classic sales have been slow since the introduction of the Touch line and that part of the reason they didn't bump capacity on the Touch at this point was to try and prop up sales of the Classic. Of course they went and dropped the price of the Touches which isn't going to help the matter.

Really loving iTunes 8 grid view. Be interested to hear how well it deals with a really big library, though.

Bit annoying, actually. Reminds me of the last interface change iPod went through - looks pretty and neat, but slows down the overall operation without really adding anything functional, unless, of course, you happen to be someone who remembers albums by their covers. Also, it's doing weird things to all my albums that have multiple artists/performers.