Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

You know where to find me!

Gotta find a 3G Iphone on the reasonably cheap first. :)

And speaking of cheap, any news on the plan-pricing front? I've heard rumors (some from folks who work closely w/ AT&T) that plan prices might be dropping this summer and I'm hopeful this may come to fruition in an attempt to get as many folks signed up w/ 2yr contracts before Verizon or others get the Iphone.

Tethering for an additional $50 may be more than I am willing to pay for tethering unless the phone plans drop a bit in price to offset it.

My daughter is getting my 16gb 3G to replace her 8gb with broken glass. My son gets a 16gb 3GS for making National Honor Society, Science Honor Society and Headmaster's Honor Roll. I will get a 32gb 3GS because I am a geek and I can use the immediate upgrade on my mom's phone, which is part of my plan or wait for 7/12 to upgrade on my line.

My daughter is getting my 16gb 3G to replace her 8gb with broken glass. My son gets a 16gb 3GS for making National Honor Society, Science Honor Society and Headmaster's Honor Roll. I will get a 32gb 3GS because I am a geek and I can use the immediate upgrade on my mom's phone, which is part of my plan or wait for 7/12 to upgrade on my line.

Congrats to your son. You must be proud!

Here is my plan. F to ATT and there no tethering yet. I take my daughters iphone 3g with the broken glass (still works) which I am replacing and jailbreak it. Then I use PDAnet to tether for a one time $30 fee. All I have to do is take the sim card from my phone and put it in her phone when I want to tether. The program runs in the background so I can still use her phone while tethering.

While I am sure it is not too difficult to jailbreak an iphone, is there anyone out there that would be willing to do it for me. One of my associates husbands may be able to do it but just in case, I would like to have a back up.

Here is my plan. F to ATT and there no tethering yet. I take my daughters iphone 3g with the broken glass (still works) which I am replacing and jailbreak it. Then I use PDAnet to tether for a one time $30 fee. All I have to do is take the sim card from my phone and put it in her phone when I want to tether. The program runs in the background so I can still use her phone while tethering.

While I am sure it is not too difficult to jailbreak an iphone, is there anyone out there that would be willing to do it for me. One of my associates husbands may be able to do it but just in case, I would like to have a back up.

Jailbreaking it is super easy. Plug it in, run the software. I imagine there is already a package for V3.0 when it comes out.

Jailbreaking it is super easy. Plug it in, run the software. I imagine there is already a package for V3.0 when it comes out.

I guess I could give it a try but no matter how easy people tell me this stuff is, it never is quite that easy for me. An example is Dom telling me how easy it would be to jailbreak my Blackjack II and use it for tethering. After giving it a try, I ended up having him come over to do it for me.

I hate that 3G is $75/month. I'm quite happy with Edge and $64/month. :/

The problem for me is that they've subsidized the phone cost so much now (8GB 3G is $99, 16GB is $149) that the lower monthly cost break-even point is now pushed into the second year of the contract. And I just wouldn't feel good buying a used 1st Gen phone on Ebay at double the cost of a new one.