Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Biggest bugbear though, is that I cant insert text into the middle of an existing line, I have to delete everything right back to the correction point.

Yes, you can (grawk taught me and he doesn't even own one)! Just press down and hold over the area that you want to edit. It gets larger and you can move the little line thingy where you want it to go. I was hating the keyboard. Now I'm just disliking it.

I'm also getting better with the keyboard, but still find it difficult to use in portrait mode, I have fingers like black puddings.

The key is not to try to hit the desired letter with pinpoint accuracy, but to aim for the general area and drag the finger along the screen surface until the desired character is highlighted -- then lift to select it. It takes a while to train the brain to accept that input is accomplished by breaking, rather than making, contact but once you do you'll type both faster and better.

The key is not to try to hit the desired letter with pinpoint accuracy, but to aim for the general area and drag the finger along the screen surface until the desired character is highlighted -- then lift to select it. It takes a while to train the brain to accept that input is accomplished by breaking, rather than making, contact but once you do you'll type both faster and better.

I'm rather hoping that this much rumoured portable bluetooth keyboard will materialise soon. Those fold up keyboards for the Palm PDAs were great.

It would have to be more accurate than the +/- 10% of today's consumer monitors.

It won't actually be a blood glucose meter. Apple is opening up hardware tethering with OS 3.0. So you could own a blood glucose meter that has a usb port....you could then plug the meter into your iPhone and download the meter readings into an app that would allow you to track all the pertinent data.

Apple - QuickTime - iPhone OS 3.0 Preview Presentation

That's the keynote for the OS 3.0 preview. A gal from Lifescan comes up to demo an upcoming app that features this kind of functionality.

the cool thing is that now people will be able to program apps that can be paired with additional add-one hardware.

I thought Landscape was already a choice (as long as the app is in landscape before you invoke the keyboard)?

That said, landscape is hardly a choice -- I thought he meant Bluetooth.

E-mail and SMS are only in portrait. With the new software you can switch back and forth.

What about bluetooth?

My fucking new iphone just died. It was fully charged. I used it once at work and now it won't turn on. Tried to plug it in and nothing. Tried it with the computer, and it does even show up on itunes. Tried calling it and got vm. Due to work schedule, I can't even get to an AT&T place until late on Monday. This really stinks.