New O2 + KGSS Rig

tkam

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll change it back tomorrow :angel:

So it was you, you OedipusRex monstrosity! I demand that it is changed back immediately and that GPH gets a mangled name too. "GPS" or "GPX" would be fine, thank you.

Agreed, the O2+KGSS combo is really a treat to listen to it. Aside from all the audiophile accolades I could go on about I'll just say that it's a fun and very enjoyable combo.

Yeah, but isn't the O2+KGSS a bit too dark-sounding and laid-back compared to the HE60+KGSS, for example? :o And lacking some sense of energy and air as well?

--

I know spritzer has been secretly listening to the SR-007A, you can't fool me.

Yeah, but isn't the O2+KGSS a bit too dark-sounding and laid-back compared to the HE60+KGSS, for example?

definitely. Both of these combos in my opinion are source 100% dependent. You can really stack the cards in your favor of the HE60 with a nice oversampling, new-era source and you can really make the SR-007 KGSS combo shine with a older, non-oversampling source. I've heard both with my Nottingham and can say that I definitely prefer the SR-007 in this case, as the HE60 needs the artificial detail and top end shine that the OS players offer. SR-007, not so much, stick with a more fluid, analog sounding source and let the SR-007 work its detail retrieving magic in a non-obvious, non-show-off manner.

Yeah, but isn't the O2+KGSS a bit too dark-sounding and laid-back compared to the HE60+KGSS, for example? :o And lacking some sense of energy and air as well?

Almost every headphone ever made sounds dark and distant when compared to the HE60. I'm with Marc though that the source is very important and so are the interconnects used.

I know spritzer has been secretly listening to the SR-007A, you can't fool me.

If you only knew... :o

Hey, I'm applying to Team Source First, I'm also with Marc that the source is very important.

As for cables (uh, oh), my limited experience leads me to believe that they can make a difference. Also, I recently applied some Furutech Nano Liquid to my cables and was pleasantly surprised by the improvement. I know, this is getting close to Patrick82 craziness territory, but I hear what I hear.

While spritzer is listening to his SR-007A, I'm enjoying the HE60+Aristaeus very much. I really like its relative brightness, treble crispness, speed and sense of air compared to the O2Mk1 or O2Mk2.

"Quote from: Elpheas" >:( I'm a baby elephant, dammit, not a constipated elf. Mamma, help!

As for cables (uh, oh), my limited experience leads me to believe that they can make a difference. Also, I recently applied some Furutech Nano Liquid to my cables and was pleasantly surprised by the improvement. I know, this is getting close to Patrick82 craziness territory, but I hear what I hear.

Throw in some ERS paper and you are just as bad as that "look at me" fucktard. :rant:... ;) These connection potions can make a difference but so does Brasso or just replacing the connectors with silver as silver oxide is highly conductive.

While spritzer is listening to his SR-007A, I'm enjoying the HE60+Aristaeus very much. I really like its relative brightness, treble crispness, speed and sense of air compared to the O2Mk1 or O2Mk2.

I've always been a fan of the He60 but it's more enjoyable then truly excellent and the price they are going for is simply absurd. I do miss mine and I'm actively looking for a cheap one that I can justify keeping.

"Quote from: Elpheas" >:( I'm a baby elephant, dammit, not a constipated elf. Mamma, help!

I think Elpheas might just stick... >:D

Nope I don't think it is at all, in fact when I've heard the He60+kgss combo in the past I didn't like it very much at all. Too much treble energy and the he60 sucks at getting tonality right.

Heehee, back to normal now. :-*

It's somewhat disconcerting that this happened at all, though. I mean, this kind of thing would not have happened at Head-Fi. :P

When I still had a KGSS, I did think it was a bit too bright and hard-sounding. However, the HE60+Aristaeus is very nicely bright. Yes, it seems to be a bit to the bright side of neutral, like the O2 is to the dark side of neutral. Sense of air and openness is very good, two things that I think the O2 is lacking in comparison.

Nope I don't think it is at all, in fact when I've heard the He60+kgss combo in the past I didn't like it very much at all. Too much treble energy and the he60 sucks at getting tonality right.

Tell me about it! The HE60/KGSS setup packed in many zingers. The HE60 is the only headphone that's ever made me enjoy the 007t. Now if you want to talk dark, we're talking OII+007t. The OII/KGSS is very nicely balanced to my ears.

I'm really quite happy with the O2's they suite my preferences quite well. I continue enjoying them more and more every day and that's really what it all comes down to.

Same here. I've been digging through the CD collection relistening to everything.

• 2 weeks later...
By the time she's in school I'll be lucky if that covers a semester's worth of books. :eek:

no kidding. my brother's going to be a junior at Northwestern next year and the tuition is topping out at $50k! i thought $40k a year was a lot when i was a student there, but shit, $10k raise in 6 years.

but not to worry mate! ;D

no kidding. my brother's going to be a junior at Northwestern next year and the tuition is topping out at $50k! i thought $40k a year was a lot when i was a student there, but shit, $10k raise in 6 years.

but not to worry mate! ;D

UConn, $15k a year. this includes everything: tuition, room, food, books, etc.

Granted, I paid for a chunk of school when I was there.. but I graduated with $22k in loans. Not too bad, IMO.

UConn, $15k a year. this includes everything: tuition, room, food, books, etc.

Granted, I paid for a chunk of school when I was there.. but I graduated with $22k in loans. Not too bad, IMO.

$15k a year is defiintely not bad. $22k in loans is not that bad, I agree.