What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thing from yesterday, however.

At work, my ex girlfriend (the one we had a discussion about in the slow thread) IM'ed me. She said she was working and bored, so wanted me to go visit. WTF?

So I figure what the hell, I go. She proceeds to apologize for being a bitch back in the day. I was agast. Now we are talking (as friends) again.

Smoking in restaurants/bars is outlawed in CT too. One of the best things Rowland did while he was here.

It's really true. They enforced the rule past July the 1st. I had mixed feelings at first, certainly when thinking bar but now I'm glad.

It's been like that in NYC for awhile. I love it.

They did this in California a few years ago via the proposition mechanism. The bar owners fought against the proposition like hell. They were afraid that their business would die without the smokers. It got passed anyway. Lo and behold, the bars' business doubled. It seems that the smoke was keeping non-smokers away from bars. Duh. :palm:

Interesting thing from yesterday, however.

At work, my ex girlfriend (the one we had a discussion about in the slow thread) IM'ed me. She said she was working and bored, so wanted me to go visit. WTF?

So I figure what the hell, I go. She proceeds to apologize for being a bitch back in the day. I was agast. Now we are talking (as friends) again.

Run for your life as fast as you can. Now, before it's too late. :o

They did this in California a few years ago via the proposition mechanism. The bar owners fought against the proposition like hell. They were afraid that their business would die without the smokers. It got passed anyway. Lo and behold, the bars' business doubled. It seems that the smoke was keeping non-smokers away from bars. Duh. :palm:

They should ban drinking and bring all the non-drinkers in too. Goldmine!

I'll be at Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech... I know for sure there is a 'fier there already, but if there's any casers at Rose, let me know for sure!

Well, bper, you will be part of the "Third Largest & Most Ethnically Diverse Incoming Class" at R-H with only 88% caucasians! :o As others have said, enjoy yourself to the greatest extent possible among all of those geeks! ;D