What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - today my computer fucked up. I spent all day tryig to fix it. Turns out my new video card is dead (bought about 6 months ago). Replaced my barely used GeForce 7300GT AGP with an old GeForce 2mx AGP and that fixed it. Then I went with my wife to see my father-in-law and we went for dinner. Came back, got bummed by my crap-tastic graphics and wrote this.

Yeah....I know....I need a new computer.

EDIT: In the mean time - Anyone have an old AGP card they don't want anymore?

Ugh, got woken up @ 2 AM by both cats going bonkers. I was worried something f'd up may have been going on, so I went down from my loft and low and behold a bat had gotten in. You can imagine how much fun it was to get that out. The 16' ceiling meant I couldn't get near it and the small-ish windows being set back in dormers meant it was having trouble finding its way out. I finally got the cats locked in the bathroom and then was able to leave the door open and it eventually found its way out that way. Or at least I hope it did... I'd imagine the cats will let me know if it didn't! But now I need to settle back down so I can go back to sleep...

Well, Sarfl'ack'tack-AIEEEE was defintiely not bored for about 45 minutes this morning. (Un)fortunately he/she/it may have been slightly damaged to his visit to the seacoast. I can take no responsiblity if the cats made contact or if I may have closed one of its wings in a window in a (failed) attempt to trap it. You may want to make an insurance claim regarding any damage in transit. I would be happy to meet with an inspector at his or her convinience.

i'm sorry, Ian. that was a packet bat, sent out to the homes of all members to personally moderate their posts (apparently they haven't shown up at the houses of a few new members, yet). the packet bats are supposed to stay out of the way, i guess that one (his name is Snarfl'ack'tack-AIEEEE) had gotten bored.

Oh that's what that was for. Too bad I was listening to Ozzy when the package arrived. :palm:

Worked today, nothing special. Came home, ate something. Started cooking some stuff for tha big party of tomorrow: Taboule. It's made of bulgur as the base ingredient, mixed with fresh basil, fresh parsley, fresh mint, feta cheese, sliced olives, olive oil, red peppers, garlic and pepper and salt of course.

You can eat it hot, cold, whatever you prefer...yumyum :D