Deals

Dusty Chalk

Intel themselves stated that they would drop their pricing on the current drives when their newer capacities came out. But I recently purchase my M1330 Dell, and the X25-M seems like a good fit for it aside from the slightly painful storage space.

The tech will definitely only get better, although I wish they could simply make the SLC tech cheaper and easier to produce. That's just a dream though :(

Don't think I've seen this Woot posted yet. Goddamn this is tempting.

Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM)

My problem with the eee's is their keyboard. The new ones are good, but those older ones are terrible to actually use. Plus, the one you posted has my #1 sin of netbooks: the retarded right shift key.

I bought my HP mini1000 based on its keyboard. I picked it up right before I had a paper due, and typed it all on the new machine. After the initial adjustment period, I was typing just as good (bad) as I do on any other machine. It passed my test, so I kept it. I use it as my work machine, so I no longer have to go hunting for files on different machines. It has worked out great for me. I'm on it right now, typing this response outside an office where I have a meeting in a few minutes. Its so damn convenient.

When I said "one of these" I meant a netbook in general. My hands are fairly large so I will need to test some keyboards out before I go for one to purchase. I am not too picky but will probably be writing essays and the such.

I am going to also have to figure out what I will be doing audio wise abroad. I have been thinking maybe netbook usb > pico dac > stax 005a. Should be a small good sounding desktop rig metinks..

Measured from fingertip to fingertip? I'm a little more than 10" like that...

I have tiny hands for my size (my wife and I have the same size hands), yet I can span a 12th on a piano, which is considerably more than she can. Point being, I don't think span and hand size are all that related, as the former can be acquired via exercise or dislocation a la Paganini :)

Alright, just for clarity, judges will allow:

Thumb down and hold note, streh-eh-eh-etch, pinky down and hold note.

Because that's what I had to do to hit the 9th when I first started. Now I can play chords and shit, but I'd still have to "roll" them (though it's a lot less effort -- I don't need to think about where the notes are)...heck, I can probably hit a 10th now, the old way. Will have to try it at some point.

ha, yes I do indeed have an obsessive personality. :)

However, I am a collector of small press spec fic, and the above is a good deal. since it's obvious Powers is rapidly becoming one of my favorites, this was a no brainer.

Actually I had just bought the Subpress of Last Call from Amazon for $55. I'll be returning it now.