The Olympics

jinp6301

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a very entertaining game. China held its own in the first quarter with great perimeter play and also thanks to the USA's own dismal 3-point performance. But China scored too few points in the 2nd quarter and also committed way too many turnovers. After that the US team found its rhythm and it was game over for China. Yi had a terrible game up until the last quarter but by then it was already too late. Yao didn't do too well either.

It seems that China just turned the ball over way too much and got punished for it most of the time.

Man I loved the basketball game. It hard to take a bunch of egos, put them all on one (dream) team, and have them play good basketball. But damn, they can sure put on a show, and toy with a team like China. Now if they could only get it together for something other than a dunkfest, we may be on to something.

I couldn't get over the athleticism of the US team. These guys just are just amazing. I normally find basketball a bit dull, but that game just rocked.

Is that the quality of basketball you Americans get to watch on a regular basis? If it is, I think I'd watch basketball a lot more.

By way of contrast, I watched the Australia V Brasil Women's game last night. While there was certainly some fine 3 point shooting, the game was just so much slower and simply less entertaining.

Is that the quality of basketball you Americans get to watch on a regular basis? If it is, I think I'd watch basketball a lot more.

Playoff basketball is usually that good. It's not such an ass kicking like it was in the Olympics, other than for maybe this most recent Celts v Lakers :P

Playoff basketball is usually that good. It's not such an ass kicking like it was in the Olympics, other than for maybe this most recent Celts v Lakers :P

Of course, my interest was far less about the ass kicking, and more about the speed of the game and the athleticism. Of course, I'd heard names like Lebron James and Kobe Bryant in the news, but never really paid much attention. These guys rocked!!!

Of course, it's possible that because of the pretty poor show by the China team the US team simply looked so much better. I'll keep an eye out for future games to see whether my initial impressions stand.

I'll stop rabbiting on about it now. I don't want a rep as a US basketball fanboy :o