The Olympics

jinp6301

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a track coach, this is the one time every four years when I actually get to see the sport I love, the pole vault, getting some air time. And in honor of the olympics I've updated my sig!

Yes, I :ian: Yelena Isinbayeva! She'll definitely be the first woman to vault 5.20 m (17'-0").

She gave you a world record for your birthday!

USA hasn't even had a tough game yet. Its a joke. Then again, we do have professionals on the team ::)

We have professionals as well. Just not as highly paid - Andrew Bogut (Aussie) plays in the US for the Milwaukee Bucks and has just signed for 5 years $60M, which seems pretty good [understatment]. But, of course he's carrying an injury.

I wonder whether the Olympic committee will ever consider basketball to be waaay too professional for the olympics. But, I guess the same could be said for the tennis as well.

I guess both of these sport still draw great crowds, so maybe that's the real benefit; as a publicity drawcard.

It is interesting to note that olympic soccer restricts the teams to under 21s (or 23s?), with only 3 overage players allowed. I don't know whether that would make any difference to basketball.