HE 1.2B and Buffalo Loaner Program.

naamanf

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are interesting headphones. What I know so far- they love non complex rock music. Jazz and open mic recordings is proving to be a bit more challenging for them so I'll post impressions tomorrow night.

So a bit like the HE90 then...crap!!!! :( I'll get to the hear the Jade sometime in the new year but this isn't promising since this is an aspect of the He90 which I hated.

I assume open mic is where the mics are suspended above the performers so that they pick up the sound of the room as well as the performance. That makes life harder for the transducers.

I assume open mic is where the mics are suspended above the performers so that they pick up the sound of the room as well as the performance. That makes life harder for the transducers.

Yes, Birgir is correct.

For reference I am using Darth Nut's essay on imaging and spacial location to determine what I am hearing.

You can download it here, since Headfi is down.

Eh, why do you act like a know-it-all prick so much of the time? (The context is quite clear from his post even though you snipped most of it off of your quote so you snipe at deepak for no purpose.)

What the hell? I was just asking what "open mic" means, guessing he meant live hall recording as opposed to inside studio recording. Why you thought it was a "snipe" is beyond me.

I'm tempted to say we should have it at Larry's, since we could also use the time to listen to every other headphone ever made.

I'm all for having a meet at my place to listen to O2 vs 1.2b vs re-terminated HE60 vs re-cabled ESP950 vs SR-Lambda with GES, and let someone bring an SRM-T1 and KGBHSE. Naamanf and Blutarsky will already be here in the same town, and Sherwood isn't too far north and has been here before. I don't know how far Asr would have to travel. We could have the living room rig to ourselves, or move it to the basement where there is more room (and pool table, fooseball, airhockey, wet bar and home theater).

IME so far- if HE Audio never had any intention to release an amp using the Canon connector, they should have left it as a Stax male termination. As it is the short adapter is putting some strain on my transformer box's plug, to remedy this I've moved the transformer box further back into the rack and raised the adapter with a piece of foam. This might be more difficult for people with larger dedicated amps.

Most use WPI sockets (which were used by Koss in the 70's on the ESP10) today and Woo has their own custom made. They aren't half as nice as the Stax sockets but do the job. WPI also makes male plugs which work but not much more then that.

The Woo socket is custom made for them, probably in China like the rest of their stuff.