HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hook one up to each testicle and tell me that!

All the tested cables hurt a lot, but first impressions are that I can't tell the difference between even a standard cable and rubber band. Unfortunately, this testing has created an embarrassing situation, I'm afraid no more testing can be done. :-[

DBT with paramedics on hand is needed.

The 48 has a proven track record. 60 plus yrs.:P HD800 has none.. I'm sure they will be revolutionary though.. & might get rid of 1 48 to help cover the cost.

Except, the track record is 60+ years of mediocrity, at best. Not really that impressive, meh*60^2*24*365.25*60

Has anyone here ever heard the DT48 or are we just talking out of our a**es?

I've heard them, unfortunately more than once, but I am talking out of my ass (It's OK to actually spell it out here). Although they are mediocre, they do have the distinction of being overpriced.

KBI, I was honestly trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but both you and Uncle Erik are coming up with these posts bordering on trolling and then you expect me to believe you when you say their detail and transparency are unrivaled, when the only high-end headphone you've ever heard is the K1000. Now you just come off as a fanboy, especially now that I've read other peoples' opinions on it who don't think they were hand-crafted by Jesus in the 40s.

Everyone else, thanks for the laughs, as usual.;D And Sennheiser, pull your heads out of your collective asses! What's John Willett saying about this mess?

And atothex, you're right, that doesn't make any sense. The DT48 probably doesn't have anything except mids since it doesn't even need anything else for its intended purpose, and that's how it's coming off as detailed.

So, umm I really don't understand it when someone keeps saying something doesn't have any bass, but its realism is unrivaled. How does that make sense to anybody? I mean, if it can't do the bottom end correctly, then it ain't all that realistic, is it?
I'm with you on that. Not enough is just as unrealistic as too much.

So, umm I really don't understand it when someone keeps saying something doesn't have any bass, but its realism is unrivaled. How does that make sense to anybody? I mean, if it can't do the bottom end correctly, then it ain't all that realistic, is it?

Lack of low end, most usually by means of some kind of significant roll-off leads to a psychoacoustic presentation which, inevitiably, is more treble biased (unless the treble is also rolled off). High amounts of treble energy is readily percived as a quality of higher detail level articulation or as a more rapid transient response rate. While these qualities are not incompatible with or antirequisate to a presentation that is bass-light, one does not in inherantly beget another. Realism is detail, detail is realism, real life doesn't go "wham wham wham" in the bass. Thus rolled off bass is realistic to those same ears.

Actually, you can't really hear very much detail in real life, in concerts and things, but being able to hear every little sound that is recorded on the mics in the studio certainly paints a better illusion of the acoustic environment. And for a lot of music, bass does go "wham wham wham" because that's what the young people think is cool, along with mind-boggling sound pressure levels.

Realism is detail, detail is realism, real life doesn't go "wham wham wham" in the bass.

I dissent with this statement good sir! Have you never been to a live rock or electronica gig? The whams are always aplenty, signified every time by the screaming crowd and the jiggling of their arms, hips, and butts in time to the beat that only a good solid bass thump can provide! It's really quite hypnotic when you watch it too.

And for a lot of music, bass does go "wham wham wham" because that's what the young people think is cool, along with mind-boggling sound pressure levels.

As a somewhat young person myself, I resemble this remark! It's not fun until it's ear-bleedingly loud and tons of bass is rippling through the crowd!

So now it's late to mid may according the HF thread. WTFz. Oh well - I'm going on a 2 week vacation from May 11th to the 26th, but I really hope they'll be delivered before I return.

Oh, and KBI put me and mypassword on his ignore list - oh noes! We have made fun of the best headphone evar!