HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grado SR601. It even has a button that says SR60 right on it. Clearly these people know their headphones.

They're meant to replace a home hi-fi, and work best paired with a dedicated headphone amp - not least because the back is mesh, so you are essentially wearing a speaker system on your head.

The

Well, that was asuming that the desire was for a hi-fi replacement, which would make the logic relevant. Of course the ultimate evaluation for quality lay in the length of the warranty.

But if the aim is the affordable route, then we would all wear KSC75s.

How come non-audiophiles frown upon woodies so much...

Actually, come to think of it, when I started this hobby about three years ago, I thought woodies were goofy-looking. Then, one day, I woke up thinking they were damn sexy. There was no in-between, gradual ease into liking them. Boom! Just like that, I liked them. I can only attribute that to something subliminal whispered into my ear that entire night... but who?

Forget about studio monitoring and what they consider flat and their corrections. If the DT48E really measure flat -which I still have yet to see- for research purposes, they should be +/- 1dB within the 20-20000 range. The DT-48A, for audiometric purposes, are that flat in the 125-12000 range

Iv seen a graph in a scientific document where the DT48 is used as a reference phone (cant find it now), it was not flat at all. it was a verryy gentle hump, and big roll off on bass and treble.

The paper said they used a diffusion field eq with the DT48, I think there is a standardised Diffision field eq for it to make it flat. Im guessing most of the pros use it. It's been aorund donkeys years and is the standard. So they stick to it.

Thanks for commenting. I'm quite puzzled on why have those cans become a scientific standard, so everything about their response is pure guess on my side. Maybe it's just because someone used them, published results, and then everyone decided to stick to them :palm: Sometimes scientific work is that silly.

The smell of ____ mixed with cinnamon, not to mention the cinnamon burn isn't soothing. DO NOT BUY.

I think if I had a penis aimed at my ass the cinnamon burn would be the least of my worries.

Even if it were a small penis!