HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

I love airline food. Well. Not really, but its part of the experience to have something unidentifiable, yellow and soft in a heated tray and a cold spongy thing that smells faintly of paprika and soap. All eaten with a knife that bends in a circle and a fork that 2 of the prongs fall off of after removal from the plastic bag.

Wow, that sounds just like the mashed potatoes and gravy with halibut I had on a previous flight!

And you've got to buy them because you can't take liquids on planes these days. Although maybe they've got rid of that rule now.

Actually the rule is that you can't take liquids through security - when you have passed through and are in the air-side shopping mall you can buy as much as you like to take on board

But - this thread has gotten way off topic.............

So, to get it back on track again, I have heard that a batch of HD 800 will be released from the factory in a few days and shortly after that the local Sennheiser distributors will know when to expect their first shipments.

I'm hoping for a longer delay, I need more time to increase my cash reserve. I don't want to lose my spot with TTVJ (I believe I'm in the first 10).

I'm with you. Luckily I have the money in a savings account but my wife is going to be mad when I clear it out for headphone stuff.

Thanks for stimulating the economy!

Actually my wife and I talked about that and while we are cutting back a bit we are trying to make a point to spend at small businesses. I want to buy a Ford even but after this headphone fiasco I don't think that will happen for a long while.

I'm hoping for a longer delay, I need more time to increase my cash reserve.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

You're a winner.

Here's a copy of my post at the other place:

---------------------------------------------

Listen, everyone needs to realize the only thing invested here is the time it took to place an order ... and express their hopes and dreams in endless ramblings here.

(Did I just say that out loud?)

Considering the fact that we find ourselves in the midst OF A GLOBAL ECONOMIC MELTDOWN!!!, I think it would be wise for us all to chill out, and let one of the world's best headphone makers get it right.

Yeah .... sure .... it sucks. But I'm sure Sennheiser has acted on the best information it had at the time as things went on.

I'm hearing next estimate is mid-late June. (I added the late.) But you can pick your own wall calendar to throw a dart at. All I know is what I heard and I can wait to get my ears on a pair so that I'm sure each and every one will sound as good or better than that.

So.....

Get your headphones on and go listen to some music.

Maybe send some good thoughts to the elves in Germany to help 'em out.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

<snip-a-roo-de-doo-da-day...>

Considering the fact that we find ourselves in the midst OF A GLOBAL ECONOMIC MELTDOWN!!!, I think it would be wise for us all to chill out, and let one of the world's best headphone makers get it right.

Preach it! I wish some other people (not head-fi related) had the same attitude. :mad:

Well, I am here and there, so just put me on your ignore, because a Sennheiser cluster fuck doesn't go down so smooth at my house. And, I haven't seen any posts deleted, nor the thread shut down, so no violations of TOU.

I'd suggest those 'so annoyed' by the thread to avoid it - it will get uglier - and, really that is why you read it - just to see how ugly it can get. I believe it more reflects the reality of what is happening moreso that the Pollyanna scenerio.

Agree or not, but Sennheiser is screwing the pooch, and all anyone wants to say is "How nice", or "Animals don't feel pain the same way we do' or 'poor Mom & Pop Sennheiser'.

Who is kidding who - customers have no reason to question why a production ready phone keeps slipping? Really? No communication offered at all, except the random moving leaks - played like a virtuoso well versed in beguiling the faithful.

Everyone realizes we are dealing with a 60 year old PRECISION German manufacturer that is an industry leader? And they can't source materials - really? All their 500 other products are still shipping. Would anyone buy this of Mercedes or BMW... well, that is exactly what is being asked.

The GLOBAL economic meltdown gives everyone cover? Uh, no. Not really, almost completely unrelated, based on the 500-1000 presales already spoken for. That is the convenient excuse of every incompetent CEO running for cover - so 'Atlas Shrugged'.

Sorry, Tyll, I know your nuts are being squeezed on this, but that Sennheiser is fucking you over has not escaped the discussion either.

I would save this for 'over there', but since people keep bringing me up 'over here', light me up over here - oh, and I can't say fuck over there. Light me up to my face - but, I will light back, until shovel, basement, and timeout, or worse.

Bottom line: Sennheiser has a cluster fuck of some sort, and all that has been asked is communication. But, because of panic, or lawyers writs, or plain old German arrogance, none is forthcoming. Senn wants to keep the hype machine flowing, and now has >91,000 hits for hd800, damn near all referencing gushing reviews.

Senn wants their advertising for free, and, they ought to pay at least something for it.

Sadly, anticipation has never lived up to my expectations.

In anything.

I just like surprises. Well, good ones, of course. I think the HD800 is walking dangerously close to the line of over-hype, if it hasn't crossed it already. As such, I will no longer read anything that has to do with these cans until they are finally released.

I will know when that is because the plethora of threads will be difficult to ignore.

Also, I am used to these postponements: happens in the video game industry ALL THE TIME.