riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I might bite the bullet and add these to my collection

Reasoning:

I really like my K701s and SA5000s

The look of the SA5000 is hot to me but I hate how the cable make so much damn noise

The removable cables on the HD800 are definitely a nice touch

Buying blind(err deaf) is fun and no one close to me will ever really get a HD800 ><

A.Thorsen's review comparing them against the HD800 gives me some faith

Anyone get a chance to hear them straight out of say... an ipod or PSP?

My dedicated player is a umpc with a tiny bit better dac/amp

If they're decent with a puny amps, I'll be ecstatic

I have dyslexia and a reading/vision disability, it helps when composing to have white space at the bottom of my posts.

Can't you remove it before clicking submit? There is a ton of white space at the bottom of all my posts while I'm composing them without the period.

Anyone get a chance to hear them straight out of say... an ipod or PSP?

My dedicated player is a umpc with a tiny bit better dac/amp

If they're decent with a puny amps, I'll be ecstatic

Was that a joke? These things are going to require a serious amplifier. I can't stand my PSP's sound with the KSC75. I think you would get much much higher quality with the HD600, a gamma1, and an M^3 at half the price then the HD800 out of an iPod.

Edited by n_maher

Was that a joke? These things are going to require a serious amplifier. I can't stand my PSP's sound with the KSC75. I think you would get much much higher quality with the HD600, a gamma1, and an M^3 at half the price then the HD800 out of an iPod.

The Amp on my PSP is enough for my SA5000s or UE-10 Pros

It's a little bit quiet for K701s when I need to eq/convolv for bass boost(Ditto for the HD650s or HD600s) and I can get some volume for my K1000s(which would be the extreme end)

I really hope the HD800s sound decent out of a puny amp(like the SA5000s do) and leave enough room for some eq/convolv magic

I have my O2MKII's (which I think Dinny is familiar with ;) ) and I'll try to do something in the way of a BHSE/O2MKII and XXX/HD800. I'd love to do it on Todd's 307A setup and may get the chance since I'm probably going to balance a pair of HD800s for Todd tomorrow morning. :)

Good job on Balancing my HD800 for Todd, it turned out well! I gave him another XLR and was wondering if he had you balance the other pair at the end of CanJam?

Good job on Balancing my HD800 for Todd, it turned out well! I gave him another XLR and was wondering if he had you balance the other pair at the end of CanJam?

I just did the one pair for Todd and Dan's HF-2s. That took long enough and I wanted to have some fun! :)

The HD800 cable is interesting. I've got a remnant to make Todd a 4-pin to 1/4" adapter so I'll post a picture or two when I get to working on it.

One thing I didn't greatly care for with the cable is the rather short "bridle" (what do you call the section of the cable where it splits from single to dual-entry at the ear cups?), which isn't ideal for the bigger-headed (more horse-jawed?) of us.

Y Cable Split - Stereo to Dual Mono :P

On a more serious note... was it tight around your neck? I have a big head so it'll be something I'd have to take into consideration

One thing I didn't greatly care for with the cable is the rather short "bridle" (what do you call the section of the cable where it splits from single to dual-entry at the ear cups?), which isn't ideal for the bigger-headed (more horse-jawed?) of us.

I heard the same comment from a few folks there.

I just did the one pair for Todd and Dan's HF-2s. That took long enough and I wanted to have some fun! :)

The HD800 cable is interesting. I've got a remnant to make Todd a 4-pin to 1/4" adapter so I'll post a picture or two when I get to working on it.

Cool. I'm fortunate enough to already have a APS V3 SE and dual 3-pin adapter already. I might ask him about sending me a stock HD800 plug if he does balance another pair (or buying it back - I assumed it was in the box).

Sorry you didn't like my observations about the HF-2. But I think they will be proven to be true.

Do tell how someone is going to prove your outrageous theory.

edit: I'm not interested in further derailing this thread, I'll just temp ban you.

Edited by deepak

I guess I might bite the bullet and add these to my collection

Reasoning:

I really like my K701s and SA5000s

The look of the SA5000 is hot to me but I hate how the cable make so much damn noise

The removable cables on the HD800 are definitely a nice touch

Buying blind(err deaf) is fun and no one close to me will ever really get a HD800 ><

A.Thorsen's review comparing them against the HD800 gives me some faith

I don't promise you miracles but I very seriously doubt you will be disappoionted. :)