HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

Okay, after only one hour of listening with an less than optimal rig, I love these headphones. Allowing for new toy syndrome and all that, I'm still pretty sure my overall opinion won't change much, even if it gets tempered by comparing to my other rigs.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my opinion just changed somewhat. Like Kelvinz, the right side has developed a clanging, sorta something loose and sounding like distant christmas bells when wiggled badness. Since the only place I've had these headphones since taking them out of the box is on my head or in my hands since they arrived a couple of hours ago, this sucks.

Something's wrong with the screw. This is not a sound that's going to go away. I've not taken these off my head since taking them out of the box and first testing them for kelvinz squeaks (none). The first time I took them off, the clanging sound was there on the right. It doesn't affect the sound when wearing them, but I'm not paying $1400 for this poor build quality. I was so enjoying them. This really really really really really really makes me :sadcat:

I don't believe I have a problem with my pair. When I hold the earcups and move them back and forth, at the end of there is a bit of a clang, only in one direction. I don't know if this is what the others is hearing but it sounds normal to me. Like metal contacting with metal.

How weird I've uploaded a quick video from my laptops webcam so you can hear the creaking I'm referring to:

I think everyone is hearing this type of sound.

Keep the reviews coming guys and girls :D. I am a "late adapter" so your reviews especially comparative are very interesting to me. How do these compare to O2 out of a good amp?

I don't believe I have a problem with my pair. When I hold the earcups and move them back and forth, at the end of there is a bit of a clang, only in one direction. I don't know if this is what the others is hearing but it sounds normal to me. Like metal contacting with metal.

Nope, that's not it. That's how mine sounded when I first took them out of the box, which was fine. It now sounds like there is something loose on the right, seriously like a wind chime sound or some kinda of mid-pitch bell in the distance.

Nope, that's not it. That's how mine sounded when I first took them out of the box, which was fine. It now sounds like there is something loose on the right, seriously like a wind chime sound or some kinda of mid-pitch bell in the distance.

Get it up on YouTube so we can all hear it.

I don't know how to do that, and don't much care to learn right now. I'm busy pouting.

Sorry Vicki, that sucks. I'd really like to swap it out with a new pair so that we can have a listen to them and try to figure out what's up. I think Jorge is contacting you to arrange.

Can somebody provide links to where other comments are being made re: this problem? I'll talk to Sennheiser about it.

So far (a couple of hours) I can't make mine create any sounds other than music.

As far as sonics, the sound is changing quickly as the headphone starts to burn-in. A sonic impression at this point would not be worth the time it took to write it, as I'd be hearing something different by the end of the post.

Well, my opinion just changed somewhat. Like Kelvinz, the right side has developed a clanging, sorta something loose and sounding like distant christmas bells when wiggled badness. Since the only place I've had these headphones since taking them out of the box is on my head or in my hands since they arrived a couple of hours ago, this sucks.

Yes it sounds like some weird spring/chime on both sides of my HD800's. I also only had mine for about an hour and noticed it when I was adjusting the headphone on my head to see if they sounded different depending on fit.

Something's wrong with the screw. This is not a sound that's going to go away. I've not taken these off my head since taking them out of the box and first testing them for kelvinz squeaks (none). The first time I took them off, the clanging sound was there on the right. It doesn't affect the sound when wearing them, but I'm not paying $1400 for this poor build quality. I was so enjoying them. This really really really really really really makes me :sadcat:

I really really enjoy mine as well as someone said on one of these forums they really take some of the best qualities from a lot of headphones I've heard and incorporates them in a very balanced fashion together.

No noises on my pair, thankfully. How are you guys keeping them when not in use? Hanging on a stand, or laying flat?

Mine were brand new out of the box, they have only gone on my head and back in the box for burn in.

After reviewing the video again, it does sound somewhat like that, but more clang and only on the right.

Mine is doing it on both sides as you can hear...

This is the same for me on my pair, seems normal?